Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST TPC Cayman Turbo in Southern California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:35 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Mike Levitas is a great guy, and I have the utmost respect for TPC. I personally would not modify a Cayman in this way, it's like "gilding the dandelion".

Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
brad, no engine failures due to our kit... that one was a missed shift. if you email me your contact info i will get you his. you the same BR from 914club?

Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I met Mike at VIR, very nice guy and he had offered to let me drive his Turbo Cayman, but the timing of it didnt work out.

I am anxious to hear of your driving impressions

Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Very nice thread! I love to see the processes a shop goes through.

Looks like you guys do some real quality work!

Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
last night at dinner I got a phone call from Shane. on the phone, I heard:

"Hey Kevin, listen to this. [VVVVvvvvroooooooom]"
*jaw hits the floor*
"After the fuel filled the new fuel rails, it started right up! See you tomorrow!"
*fist pump into the air scaring the waitress next to me*

This morning, overcoming the 3rd worst hangover ever, I dizzily drove to the shop, mentally excited, but physically exhausted. I showed up with the car still up on the lift with the rear wheels missing still. One last thing left, filling the intercooler. A little bit of ingenuity, we were ready to go.

With the engine exposed, we went for test drive # 1( < 2k rpm) followed by checking for leaks, and re-tightening everything. Right when we got back to the shop from the first test drive, the headlamp washer fluid hose fell off and my car pissed all over the place. Not coolant, not oil.... false alarm = )

After putting on the 2 over sized straps around the two intake manifolds, covered the engine, went were ready for test drive # 2 ( < 5k rpm). All of a sudden, the car fired up and died, with a check engine light and fault codes all over the place, mostly related to accelerator, and throttle. Immediately got Tom@TPC on the phone who assured us that the error is unrelated and provided a bunch of suggestions on things to check. Turns out one of the temporary wire taps to the ECU harness came lose and was shorting out. With that fixed, we were on our way for test drive # 2, followed by checking for leaks again, and tightening everything again. With the ECU mounted, wires wrapped, cover back on, we were ready for test drive # 3 and back for a final check up.

Think that's a lot of testing and checking? Shane's having me drive around for 2 days with the under tray off the car so I can log some miles and check for leaks each time I leave a parking spot. Going back Friday for a final check up, oil change and get the rest of the under body trims put on.

This pretty much concludes the install thread. I'm going to collect my thoughts, get a change of pants from me ****ting myself on the way home, start a new thread and post my initial impression. I will also dyno the car this weekend and overlay that with the RS350 chart and my baseline, and maybe a head to head run against my brother's R6.

I'll post a link to the new thread when it's up.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
exciting

Old 08-06-2009, 08:36 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats it?! Cmon Kevin lets hear it.....oh and videos too

Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
notquitefob

How does the Performance feel compared to What you had before ,the RS-350 KIT?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of