Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between Boxster S and Spyder suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 AM
DavidM is on a distinguished road
I drove a Spyder the other day and loved the way the suspension is set up. Just the right amount of stiffness and really was taken by the responsiveness. So I'm wondering if anyone has managed to fir the Spyder shocks/springs onto a 987.1 Boxster S? Is it even possible?

Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
EvoRoadster is on a distinguished road
Are the bushings the same durometer on the Spyder as on the S?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
GTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud of
Got my Boxster S (987.2 non-PASM) back from Pfaff Tuning a couple of days ago. Spyder springs, shocks, and front roll bars are now installed. They didn't have to replace the rear roll bar because they are the same as in the S. All the original bushings are reused. Alignment has been set to full Spyder specs "plus a tad more on the agressive side" according to them but they wouldn't reveal the exact specs. The car has 19" Carrera II S wheels already.

The cars now rides lower, feels more firm and handling definitely feels sharper. There is a noticable difference in damping too. IMO it was money well spent.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 AM
DavidM is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update GTA Boxster. How does the Spyder suspension feel without the LSD? Do you notice any difference (compared to the Spyder)?

Last edited by DavidM; 05-10-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM
GTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud ofGTA Boxster has much to be proud of
Can't answer your question DavidM. I haven't driven a Spyder so I can't compare.