Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed GT450 Kit Is AMAZING!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 05:20 PM
gt3kidd is on a distinguished road
Fabspeed GT450 Kit Is AMAZING!!!!

Purchased my 2016 gt4 about 3 weeks ago. I put on about 100 miles and realized I wanted a bit more low end torque and overall horsepower to compensate for the tall gearing. I researched an option to have a stroker kit added, but couldn't trust that the tuner would back the motor and didn't want the risk of losing my warranty. So, I decided to go with bolt ons and a custom tune.

I contacted Fabspeed and spoke with Bobby. I had a very small window to have the mods done, due to business travel priorities. Bobby assured me that they could get it done on time. He was very thorough with answering all my questions and concerns. I decided on their gt450 package(Race Headers, Full Exhaust w/ Carbon Tips, BMC Air Filters, IPD Plenum, 82 mm gt3 Throttle Body and most importantly, the Cobb custom tune).

When I arrived last Tuesday, my car was checked in and I was given a full tour of their shop. I was very happy to see that they fabricate the headers and exhaust, in house! The plan was to pick it up Friday, completed. Bobby sent me a video on Thursday,of them testing my car on the dyno, along with the results printout. My car produced 396 hp and 327 tq. My engine is not fully broken in yet(Only 250 miles at the time), so I am expecting to gain another 7-8 hp and 3-4 tq, once I have a few thousand miles on it. They invited me back for another dyno at that time. Their tuner, Steve, is very experienced/knowledgeable. He did a custom tune on my car and I must say, it's very crisp and aggressive! Steve explained that he always continues to work the tunes he does. He will contact me and send any improvements in the future, via email, if he gets any more gains.

I picked up my car last Friday. My car was well taken care of and was up on the lift when I arrived, so that I could see all that was done to it. The installation was 100% complete and very nicely installed. The exhaust valves are controlled by the exhaust button, on the console. The sound difference is noticeable as soon as the car is started. I had a 2 hour ride back to New Jersey. The performance from this kit is nothing short of astounding! It has torque way down low and the power pulls and pulls and pulls to just about 8000 rpms!!!

I have owned some amazing cars with amazing sounds(2010 & 2015 Porsche gt3's, 2011 Porsche gt3rs with Sharkwerks center exhaust and 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia).The gt4 with this kit, sounds better than any car I have owned, imho!

I would like to thank Fabspeed, Bobby, Steve and all team members involved in this build for an excellent job, well done!!

Last edited by gt3kidd; 03-29-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:49 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Fabspeed service is top notch. I have a discontinued exhaust and they continued to support me in answering questions. I'm impressed

Old 03-30-2016, 05:29 PM
unconscionable has a spectacular aura aboutunconscionable has a spectacular aura about
That is amazing. Congratulations. I have always questioned the dyno readings from tuners, but I think Porsche intentionally left power on the table with this motor (despite what they claim) and I find the numbers moderately believable.

I'm just curious if your set-up would work on a Spyder... I imagine the configuration is essentially the same.

Let us know what you think of it when you start driving it. Maybe we can do some acceleration tests to see how much faster it is than my car That would be irrefutable proof.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks! This kit should work on the spider. Call them and speak with Bobby. The power is night and day over stock! Race headers are very loud. Since you have the convertible, ask him about videos for the sport headers. These have 200 cell Cats and might be better on your ears.

Originally Posted by unconscionable
That is amazing. Congratulations. I have always questioned the dyno readings from tuners, but I think Porsche intentionally left power on the table with this motor (despite what they claim) and I find the numbers moderately believable.

I'm just curious if your set-up would work on a Spyder... I imagine the configuration is essentially the same.

Let us know what you think of it when you start driving it. Maybe we can do some acceleration tests to see how much faster it is than my car That would be irrefutable proof.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:44 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt3kidd
Purchased my 2016 gt4 about 3 weeks ago. I put on about 100 miles and realized I wanted a bit more low end torque and overall horsepower to compensate for the tall gearing. I researched an option to have a stroker kit added, but couldn't trust that the tuner would back the motor and didn't want the risk of losing my warranty. So, I decided to go with bolt ons and a custom tune.

I contacted Fabspeed and spoke with Bobby. I had a very small window to have the mods done, due to business travel priorities. Bobby assured me that they could get it done on time. He was very thorough with answering all my questions and concerns. I decided on their gt450 package(Race Headers, Full Exhaust w/ Carbon Tips, BMC Air Filters, IPD Plenum, 82 mm gt3 Throttle Body and most importantly, the Cobb custom tune).

When I arrived last Tuesday, my car was checked in and I was given a full tour of their shop. I was very happy to see that they fabricate the headers and exhaust, in house! The plan was to pick it up Friday, completed. Bobby sent me a video on Thursday,of them testing my car on the dyno, along with the results printout. My car produced 396 hp and 327 tq. My engine is not fully broken in yet(Only 250 miles at the time), so I am expecting to gain another 7-8 hp and 3-4 tq, once I have a few thousand miles on it. They invited me back for another dyno at that time. Their tuner, Steve, is very experienced/knowledgeable. He did a custom tune on my car and I must say, it's very crisp and aggressive! Steve explained that he always continues to work the tunes he does. He will contact me and send any improvements in the future, via email, if he gets any more gains.

I picked up my car last Friday. My car was well taken care of and was up on the lift when I arrived, so that I could see all that was done to it. The installation was 100% complete and very nicely installed. The exhaust valves are controlled by the exhaust button, on the console. The sound difference is noticeable as soon as the car is started. I had a 2 hour ride back to New Jersey. The performance from this kit is nothing short of astounding! It has torque way down low and the power pulls and pulls and pulls to just about 8000 rpms!!!

I have owned some amazing cars with amazing sounds(2010 & 2015 Porsche gt3's, 2011 Porsche gt3rs with Sharkwerks center exhaust and 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia).The gt4 with this kit, sounds better than any car I have owned, imho!

I would like to thank Fabspeed, Bobby, Steve and all team members involved in this build for an excellent job, well done!!

All that and no sound video

Old 04-01-2016, 04:19 PM
unconscionable has a spectacular aura aboutunconscionable has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gt3kidd
Thanks! This kit should work on the spider. Call them and speak with Bobby. The power is night and day over stock! Race headers are very loud. Since you have the convertible, ask him about videos for the sport headers. These have 200 cell Cats and might be better on your ears.
Thanks for the info! I took delivery of the beautiful black beast yesterday, and I'm pleasantly impressed with the sound in Sport Plus. It's a kitty when you're soft on the throttle, but a saber tooth feline when you open it up. That said, I'm mindful of prescribed break-in procedure

I have no problem with loud, but the biggest concern I would have is a constant drone at highway speeds. Those tend to cause headaches and hair pulling.

I'm interested to find if you have a problem with drone or not.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Congratulations!! Enjoy the hell out of her.Drone was a big concern of mine, too. I modded an e92 m3, back in 2009. Drone was so had, it gave me headaches and ear pain. There is no Drone at all, with this kit. Still can drive like kitten when desired or wide up and all hell breaks loose!

QUOTE=unconscionable;4496395]Thanks for the info! I took delivery of the beautiful black beast yesterday, and I'm pleasantly impressed with the sound in Sport Plus. It's a kitty when you're soft on the throttle, but a saber tooth feline when you open it up. That said, I'm mindful of prescribed break-in procedure

I have no problem with loud, but the biggest concern I would have is a constant drone at highway speeds. Those tend to cause headaches and hair pulling.

I'm interested to find if you have a problem with drone or not.[/QUOTE]

Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM
flee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow! coming from a car owner that's owned quite a few GT3 models and a F430... I NEED to hear this car.

Come by to Town Motors - Porsche in Englewood, NJ if you ever have a chance