Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boxster performance chip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
J-Rad

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxst...oftronics+dyno
26 HP INCREASE!!!!!

most people do the softronics and the plenum .the softronics plenum by itself doesnt add much performance but when you add the 2 together you get this .

all I can say J-Rad is I drove my car stock and then I had it flashed with the Softronics (no plenum ) and it was a lot faster ,very noticible especially in the low end tourque over 4k rpm .the smile on my face was bigger as well

Softronics has lots of happy customers

Last edited by Fluid987; 08-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 PM
J-Rad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschepet
the smile on my face was bigger as well
I think we can agree that this is the most important thing!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
J-Rad

Originally Posted by j-rad
i think we can agree that this is the most important thing!
exactly!!!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 09:58 AM
harryrcb will become famous soon enough
I realize you are a skeptic but I dyno'd my 04 Boxster S stock at 222 RW hp I made a few mods, headers, inter pipes, borla exhaust, cold air and of course Softronics, took it back to the tuners dyno and got consistent 264 RW hp over several runs. But the real proof lay in my butt dyno and the competition at the track. Several guys I know personally were driving the newer (2010) Boxster S's and Cayman S's. Not only could I keep up with them on the straights but I actually caught up and passed without them letting up , admittedly not by much but the fact that I could. That's the best proof I can furnish.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:57 PM
J-Rad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by harryrcb
I realize you are a skeptic but I dyno'd my 04 Boxster S stock at 222 RW hp I made a few mods, headers, inter pipes, borla exhaust, cold air and of course Softronics, took it back to the tuners dyno and got consistent 264 RW hp over several runs. But the real proof lay in my butt dyno and the competition at the track. Several guys I know personally were driving the newer (2010) Boxster S's and Cayman S's. Not only could I keep up with them on the straights but I actually caught up and passed without them letting up , admittedly not by much but the fact that I could. That's the best proof I can furnish.
Not to rehash the argument but I'd bet most of your performance gains were in the, intake, headers, and exhaust. Just look at the stock headers and exhaust...there is huge opportunity for improvement there alone. The chip may add some performance but is not this huge gain many claim it to be.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:51 PM
harryrcb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by J-Rad
Not to rehash the argument but I'd bet most of your performance gains were in the, intake, headers, and exhaust. Just look at the stock headers and exhaust...there is huge opportunity for improvement there alone. The chip may add some performance but is not this huge gain many claim it to be.
I don't have a dyno figure with and without Softronics but after I installed the software I noticed a big difference. Now when I say big 15-20 hp is something you would notice and I believe that's about what they claim.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:39 AM
inception is on a distinguished road
any hp numbers for mods with 987s? I'd be interested in the most bang for the buck enhancement.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
If I may add my 2 cents. First I must say that I do not have my 911 anymore. I gave it up during a recent divorce. Here I sit waiting for the delivery of an 2009 cayman s.
Anyway, I di buy the software for my 911 s and here is what I did to test the software. Pre software change, I took my car out to a flat road after it had reached normal operating temp. I drove it in 2nd gear, went to 3000 rpm and then floored it to 7000 rpm. I did this 3 times and clocked it with a stopwatch. I then did the software change, went back to the same road and did the test again. I averaged the 3 numbers before and after the software change.... and guess what? They were the same average to the 10th of a second before and after. Crazy I know but this is what happened. I was not impressed. Now maybe I didnt test it properly but this was as good as I thought I could do by myself. I also noticed that I had a spark knock associated with full throttle. I called and spoke to softronics more then once and also the place I bought it. I was sent different software but still heard the knock. I ended up putting it back to stock and the spark knock was gone. It seems to me the timing was advanced which caused the knock( Idk I am no mechanic )
So what I got was the same acceleration and a spark knock to boot.
I wouldnt buy it again. But that's just my opinion.
And I was told by softronics that the spark knock was normal...and dismissed.

And by the way I had headers and a porsche carbon fiber cold air intake with two snorkles on the car as mods. (which they knew about)

I would not do the software change again on a NA car...imo a waste of money.

Again imo only.