Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Cayman S RS350 conversion

Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
SharkWerks Cayman S RS350 conversion

This white on black 2007 Cayman S is being gradually molded into spitting image of the SharkWerks RS350 Cayman S development car. For the first course we installed our RS350 power kit, including the EVOMSit Software, IPD Plenum & GT3 throttle body as well as the aggressive sounding Tubi exhaust. For a lowered ride height and improved suspension we chose the venerable Bilstein PSS9 coil over kit.

In she comes and on the doctor's table:

Off with that engine cover and you can see the stock paper filter and plenum:

And the smaller throttle body:

Won't be needing this anymore:

Or this...

And now with the EVOMS V-Flow intake, the IPD Competition plenum and throttle body installed:

Next it's over to the exhaust and as you'd expect with anything made by Tubi it looks good enough to eat off of!

This is what it sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCBaSFuTnU

Installation is fairly straight forward:

With some larger dual tips:

The final touch is the EVOMSit software calibrated for 91-octane and our RS350 conversion is complete:

Off with the wheels:

Stock front suspension beforehand:

And in the rear:

And back to the front, replaced with a set of Bilstein Coil overs:

The rear end does have a "few" pieces that need removing:

Installed:

Lowered 1.75 inches and ready to go home for a while (next up wheels and a LWF?):

Last edited by sharkster; 10-17-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:36 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Very nice. Not as familiar with this mod - how much more power and torque is gained from the tune/plenum/etc....?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScooterP
Very nice. Not as familiar with this mod - how much more power and torque is gained from the tune/plenum/etc....?
Thank you and we've been doing our conversion for over 2.5 years now. I need to look and see but between ourselves, Evoms (and all their delears) & RSS I'm pretty sure we've done into the 100+ of these

You can see the development, videos/pix etc...
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/987-ca...n-s-rs350.html

Also here's a plot

Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Chad_987 is on a distinguished road
just out of curiosity, what would the price on this mod run?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Chad_987
just out of curiosity, what would the price on this mod run?
It's $1000 for the software, 349 for the intake, $1395 for the plenum and TB and then it depends on what exhaust you do....

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Chad_987 is on a distinguished road
not that bad for the performance gains you receive... thanks! Maybe I need to be thinking of a Christmas present for myself! I love being selfish

Old 10-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Chad_987
not that bad for the performance gains you receive... thanks! Maybe I need to be thinking of a Christmas present for myself! I love being selfish
Heh... well we'll have to talk to Santa eh

Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Airdoc will become famous soon enough
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any numbers on the effect (hp and torque) of all these mods on the Gen 2 cars?

Old 10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Airdoc
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any numbers on the effect (hp and torque) of all these mods on the Gen 2 cars?
hi airdoc... the kit is only for mk1s with the m97 based block. The new 9A1 engine is completely different and although we have tuning and exhaust solutions for it that's where we're at now.