Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official, I have a VIN#... about to be shipped.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
It's official, I have a VIN#... about to be shipped.

JUL
7/17/12
0/00/00
CMPPRD
CUSTMR
G1
2013 Boxster S
WP0CB2A8XDS132247
Mahoney
AS

One step closer....

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM
pecora is on a distinguished road
the wait

Originally Posted by orangecrush
JUL
7/17/12
0/00/00
CMPPRD
CUSTMR
G1
2013 Boxster S
WP0CB2A8XDS132247
Mahoney
AS

One step closer....

Mark
Great, just in time for top down fun.

Mine came into Brunswick Ga. port and dealer can give you name of ship once the car is loaded aboard. You can track the ship with its GPS by googling the ships name. That tracking help me with the wait.

Rick

Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
Nice, your car exists, for real, not just in the configurator!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kelderek
Nice, your car exists, for real, not just in the configurator!
Yeah, now if I can make it exist in my driveway... ya'll could quit hearing me *****....

Mark

PS. For those of you on the East coast, can anyone tell me how long it took from the day they completed the car to the day it arrived at the dealership?

Thanks.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
ya'll could quit hearing me *****....
We soooo look forward to that!

Well, I was the same way until my car arrived!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
We soooo look forward to that!

Well, I was the same way until my car arrived!

Hey, enjoy it while you can cause once I get it, I'll be out driving....

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey, enjoy it while you can cause once I get it, I'll be out driving....

Mark
You're driving on another continent, so I will still feel pretty safe!

Old 07-18-2012, 10:21 AM
You're driving on another continent, so I will still feel pretty safe!

HA HA! You got jokes...

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Roos will become famous soon enough
Hi,

My car is ready for shipment to Sweden, will arrive on Tuesday next week (according to ship schedule) to Södertälje Habour and from that some more days before it will arrive to Porsche Borås...........

/Thomas R

Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
pecora is on a distinguished road
Cool

Yeah, now if I can make it exist in my driveway... ya'll could quit hearing me *****....

Mark

PS. For those of you on the East coast, can anyone tell me how long it took from the day they completed the car to the day it arrived at the dealership?

Thanks.
My 981s was built on May 9 arrived at Port Burnswick Ga on May 25; sat there for a month waiting for USA offical release date (June 30). Got mine right before the offical release. My dealer in Florida told me 7-10 days is normal from port to dealer and the pre-release date was the cause of the additional wait time.

Now that I have it..... I know it was worth the wait; the price, well that's another thing

Rick

Old 07-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by pecora
My 981s was built on May 9 arrived at Port Burnswick Ga on May 25; sat there for a month waiting for USA offical release date (June 30). Got mine right before the offical release. My dealer in Florida told me 7-10 days is normal from port to dealer and the pre-release date was the cause of the additional wait time.

Now that I have it..... I know it was worth the wait; the price, well that's another thing

Rick

That's great because I'm probably about the same distance to Charlotte as the port (I thought I read Charleston)

Not too bad I guess....

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Congrats!

Mine was built on Saturday so ours may be on the same ship.

I assumed all these years that VINs were sequential, anyone know how Porsche assigns VINs, because the last 8 of mine are DS112609.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by j080808
Congrats!

Mine was built on Saturday so ours may be on the same ship.

I assumed all these years that VINs were sequential, anyone know how Porsche assigns VINs, because the last 8 of mine are DS112609.

Cool, Congrats to you also! Are you in St. Louis, Missouri or St. Louis, Michigan? Surely they wouldn’t ship a car that will end up in Missouri out to the East coast??

Also, the VIN#’s can’t be sequential unless they built almost 20K cars since Saturday...LOL.

I received an email saying that the car will be shipped on one of these two ships...

OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY which leaves on the 20th and will be in Georgia on the 31 of July

Or

MARINA ACE which leaves on the 31 and will be here on August 11th

I’m assuming it won’t leave till the 31st since I highly doubt that they finished the car yesterday and will have it on a ship in 2 days??

One can dream....

Mark

Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM
CURVN8R is on a distinguished road
Mine is on the COSMOS VENTURE. I figure it is somewhere in the Atlantic right now. Last tracking date was a couple of days ago. Scheduled to arrive Brunswick on the 23rd. If I am lucky, maybe end of the month in Atlanta! Better go transfer some money soon!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Cool, Congrats to you also! Are you in St. Louis, Missouri or St. Louis, Michigan? Surely they wouldn’t ship a car that will end up in Missouri out to the East coast??

Also, the VIN#’s can’t be sequential unless they built almost 20K cars since Saturday...LOL.

I received an email saying that the car will be shipped on one of these two ships...

OLYMPIAN HIGHWAY which leaves on the 20th and will be in Georgia on the 31 of July

Or

MARINA ACE which leaves on the 31 and will be here on August 11th

I’m assuming it won’t leave till the 31st since I highly doubt that they finished the car yesterday and will have it on a ship in 2 days??

One can dream....

Mark
St Louis, MO but I buy my cars in Dallas. Come to think of it, I dont know what port mid-west cars come from...

Im thinking they will cross on the same ship, yours will get off sooner than mine.

Good to know about the two ships that are slated, waiting to hear when they leave port from my salesman.

Let me know before you shoot that guards, I would at least like my rear license plate holder color matched, other than that, I will need to poke around first...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's official, I have a VIN#... about to be shipped.