Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster. How bad are the "gay" comments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
Boxster. How bad are the "gay" comments?

I am thinking about a Boxster S and am about to make a deal on one but holy crap. I've probably told 5 people so far and every single one of them asked if I was having a sex change or if I was gay? LOL . Damn. So is it that bad with the comments. I was thinking 911 too but I can get a great deal on a Boxster and thought it would be a fun car. Do any of you get these comments regularly or is it just my buddies busting my chops. I know its not a Viper or a Vette but is it that bad with the girly comments etc? Thanks.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:20 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ozzir
I've probably told 5 people so far and every single one of them asked if I was having a sex change or if I was gay?
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop laughing.... GL with your decision, though

Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
LOL. Hopefully your buddies are just busting your chops... I'll admit, once a great while I'll get side comments the car is slow, or it's girl's car from the ignorant.
That said, while I may not get many compliments from everyday Joe off the street, I do get many more compliments from the female population. That's not a bad thing, is it?

Technically, Boxsters are better balanced because of the mid-engine layout than the 911s. With a competent driver on the track, it'll run with the 911s. One could only speculate why Porsche won't offer bigger engine in the 987 cars...
Good luck with your decision.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:42 PM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
if your car is an extension of your ***** you should probably get a viper (not hating on vipers; it's just the biggest displacement engine I can think of off the top of my head). I got a spyder because to me it looks fantastic, handles like a dream, and is a blast to drive. Who cares what other people think. You're not buying the car for them, you're buying it for you.

my two cents..

Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
aussie jimmy will become famous soon enoughaussie jimmy will become famous soon enough
all your friends are jealous and in denial.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Either your friend's need to examine their latent homosexuality (not that there's anything wrong with that), Or you're a troll trying to get something started. No one's ever made a negative, gay, girlie or other comment about my Boxster. From the back of the front doors to the front bumper it's the same as the 911. It handles better and, at times, is faster.

I'm not sure any of those things qualify the car as anything specific other than if you're in doubt about the car, you shouldn't buy one. If you need your friend's support when buying a car, you should all go to the Mini dealer together.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
StockKiller is on a distinguished road
Hahaha! I have to laugh.. A chic car comes to mind first before gay! But after driving one and then a Spyder, I would buy a Spyder and not care what my friends thought!
I have dissed the boxster ignoratly for years until I drove one, now I respect everyone I see on the road.. There is no such car as a bad Porsche.. A Porsche is a Porsche and should be respected as such! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and driver!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
I'd take a Boxster S over a Viper or Vette any day. Get the 911 if you need a hardtop, a semblance of a back seat, and/or don't care about spending more, but the performance of the Boxster S is on the same level (though the feel is different), so be sure to drive both.

Ignore your friends. It's your car and your life, and every day that passes is another day you'll never get back. Get the car that makes sense for you.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Kians313 is on a distinguished road
Would agree with most of the comments.... Have always heard references of boxsters being a girls' car... But after driving the spyder, I found new respect for it... But if it's the street cred of the 911 thats more important to you, then you'll always be left wanting if u go with the boxster... If its the driving experience and fun factor you are looking for, boxsters are a great choice for what it costs...

Aussie jimmy... I laughed when I saw your username... One of my mates from oz calls everyone jimmy...

Old 11-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
LOL. Ok first off im not a troll. I went and drove the car tonight. Runs and drives great. Secondly the buggers (my friends ) all drive Lambos, Ferraris, 911's Vipers etc. I just sold my Viper and am looking for another Viper or an older Gallardo. Ive always wanted a Porsche and thought I could throw a set of winter tires on it and have a fun daily driver. With the Viper I could never leave it anywhere. It drew too much attention and it was not a good daily driver. Im thinking the Boxster would be a good compromise. Ive heard they work well in the snow, dont draw a lot of negative attention and are generally reliable and easy to maintain. Just need to make sure i really want one. Will keep you posted. If i could find a great deal on a 911 i would probably go that way.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
The Boxster is not slow, and if you are a girl (or gay guy) with the skill to drive a powerful car quickly through a road course, then I guess it might be a car for that kind of girl (or guy). Think about it, todays Boxster S is as fast as the '68 Lamborghini Miura was and that was considered a supercar back then. The Boxster may not be for the girl who spends hours fixing her hair and putting on make-up, but I bet Danica Patrick, a very sexy gal, would enjoy throwing one around a track. Guess it depends on the kind of girl (or gay guy) we are talking about. Only adrenaline junkies of either need sex apply.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
you may want to consider the Cayman as well... it's basically a hard top Boxster - same level of performance and balance. Some like the line of the Cayman better (compared to Boxster with the top up).

Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 PM
bXster is on a distinguished road
My gay boxster =)

Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
bXster is on a distinguished road
BTW, you can always look for a high mileage 07 boxster S for ~27K ish and then dump in a 3.8 X51 engine and have yourself a manly girly car.... =P

Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Chad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really niceChad@SpeedTech is just really nice
Not gay at all! I know the feeling, I went through it with my Miata turbo project. All my buddies would say the same thing, thing is they do not realize or know anything about car performance and think its gotta be a V8 for it to be fast and perform well. A Boxster is such a drivers car...who cares what they think!? They are probably driving a big pick-up trying to compensate for something they are lacking elsewhere...

Enjoy the Boxster.

facebook
YouTube see our videos

www.speedtechexhausts.com
Email-Chad@speedtechexhausts.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boxster. How bad are the "gay" comments?