Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Amber Orange interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Lark is on a distinguished road
It is not bright orange, but it is isn't saddle luggage either. It is somewhere in between, although I would say it is more toward the saddle luggage side of the equation. I was getting my second annual service the other day and while the car was in the service lane a salesman saw it and brought a customer over to see it in person. He said they don't get that many and people are very hesitant to order it sight unseen. Of course it is personal preference but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 AM
Ryan9095 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lark
It is not bright orange, but it is isn't saddle luggage either. It is somewhere in between, although I would say it is more toward the saddle luggage side of the equation. I was getting my second annual service the other day and while the car was in the service lane a salesman saw it and brought a customer over to see it in person. He said they don't get that many and people are very hesitant to order it sight unseen. Of course it is personal preference but I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Thanks for your reply Lark. Your car looks gorgeous. I thought I wanted the red interior but after seeing photos of your Boxster I think I might order the rhodium silver/amber orange interior. I'm not an orange person but something about this color intrigues me...

Old 07-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Lark is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I was a little hesitant also, but I get nothing but compliments. Of course I have the agate/amber combo. The agate/amber combo really works. I have not seen the silver/orange, so can't speak to that. I would also get the deviated carpet in black.

On of the reasons for my hesitancy was that I went to Baylor and, of course, University of Texas' color is burnt orange. I do get a little grief from my Baylor friends. Come to think of it, my Texas friends give me grief about it too!

Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Ryan9095 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lark
Thanks. I was a little hesitant also, but I get nothing but compliments. Of course I have the agate/amber combo. The agate/amber combo really works. I have not seen the silver/orange, so can't speak to that. I would also get the deviated carpet in black.

On of the reasons for my hesitancy was that I went to Baylor and, of course, University of Texas' color is burnt orange. I do get a little grief from my Baylor friends. Come to think of it, my Texas friends give me grief about it too!
I think I would ultimately be happy with the color. I'm looking for something interesting/relatively unique in a sea of nice cars so I think this is a great option. I'm open to other exterior color suggestions I don't want another black car though. I normally don't like dark gray exteriors but the agate grey would definitely match.