Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S PSE vs Fabspeed Maxflo Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:37 AM
cbise is on a distinguished road
Cayman S PSE vs Fabspeed Maxflo Upgrade?

Hey there!

2010 Cayman S

Looking to upgrade my exhaust and am looking between the PSE and the Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust. To me, the PSEs only gives you an option to turn it on/off with no power/torque whereas the Fabspeed gives you the power/torque, but with no option to turn it off.

What is everyones opinion here? Anyone have the fabspeed maxflo; if so, do you have any drone issues?

Thank you for the insight here.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing sounds as good as PSE. Whatever you think you gain in peak power isn't worth the expense of a whole system. I'd rather have PSE and 2 sets of Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R extreme performance tires.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by Steve997S
Nothing sounds as good as PSE. Whatever you think you gain in peak power isn't worth the expense of a whole system. I'd rather have PSE and 2 sets of Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 R extreme performance tires.

Thank you Steve. The PSE is the more expensive of the two options so I was a little bit confused by your comment on it being worth the expense of a whole system; however, I will take it that your vote goes to PSE regardless. Happy driving!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Others

Originally Posted by cbise
Hey there!

2010 Cayman S

Looking to upgrade my exhaust and am looking between the PSE and the Fabspeed Maxflo exhaust. To me, the PSEs only gives you an option to turn it on/off with no power/torque whereas the Fabspeed gives you the power/torque, but with no option to turn it off.

What is everyones opinion here? Anyone have the fabspeed maxflo; if so, do you have any drone issues?

Others I have seen ads here for Armytrix that has a a remote, Akrapovic that has a switch, Remus has a great product but no switch (i think) and Tubi has a nice product with no switch, and AWE tuning has one without a switch i believe.

Sites are:
Remus:
http://sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=331
Akra
Tubi:
http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...ubi-981-ex.htm
AWE
Army

Let me know what you get. In the market also.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Disagree

Originally Posted by Steve997S
I think the PSE sounds good, but not great. Have heard a side by side of an Akrapovic ($6800) vs PSE and the Akra sounds WAAAAAY Better IMO. Subjective call for sure as to each his own, but way louder and racier. Of course at $6800 it ought to be....

PS nice bike btw...former Duc owner

Last edited by TurboDogue; 07-30-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cbise
Hey there!

2010 Cayman S

While I might be a bit biased I would like to throw my $0.02 in here as well.

Steve997S brings up a great point if your car came with a PSE, but if you are interested in purchasing the PSE, then the Fabspeed system is a much better option from a financial stand point due to the lower price tag of the Fabspeed System.

While the PSE option allowing the user to muffle the exhaust tone of the car is a great option, I have noticed that many customers seek an aftermarket exhaust to both make more power and gain a better exhaust tone. Therefore, the valved function is normally lost because the customer is always running the valved system in the louder configuration.

Finally, as far as drone. On the first production run of the Boxster/Cayman Maxflo, a few complaints did surface about drone, but we have since tweaked the production jig and the drone issues have been suppressed.

I hope my input helps your decision process!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:23 AM
I found a great clip of the PSE next to the Fabspeed- to say the least I am not all that impressed with the PSE as an aftermarket upgrade- now if it came on the car- great!

My Cayman S has stock exhaust so either will be improvement.

The money aspect is one thing, but to me having the sportier/racier sound is the goal- I am a young guy and drive the car on weekends to have fun- the louder it is the more fun it's got to be.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
I think the PSE sounds good, but not great. Have heard a side by side of an Akrapovic ($6800) vs PSE and the Akra sounds WAAAAAY Better IMO. Subjective call for sure as to each his own, but way louder and racier. Of course at $6800 it ought to be....

PS nice bike btw...former Duc owner
Danke!

But my 1975 Kawasaki H1 is my fave.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000893.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	397935   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010322.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	397936