Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Boxster S 987-2 Going Off CPO Warranty soon, Any Tips for Inspection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:56 AM
harold_callahan is on a distinguished road
2009 Boxster S 987-2 Going Off CPO Warranty soon, Any Tips for Inspection?

My 2009 Boxster S 987-2 is going off Porsche Warranty next month. I am taking it in for it's yearly oil change and a "minor 2" checkup ($900.)

Any key areas I should have the dealer review? Any potential upcoming issues?

So far I have gone through a fuel pump and a 6 speed shifter cable. Both these issues seem to be common in this version of the Boxster. I also replaced the Battery last year.

Thanks in advance.

-Callahan-

Old 03-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
One approach is to ask the tech to give the car a through check/inspection looking for any issues. Tell him the car is coming off warranty and you just want to make sure there are no issues.

These include of course signs of any leaks from any of the following: RMS/IMS, spark plug tube, camshaft covers, water pump, hoses/fittings/seals/gaskets etc.

Check the CV boots for any cracks.

Check the power steering line fittings and rack seals for any leak sign. The tech needs to really check the rack dust boots for any sign of fluid behind then. The power steering fluid level needs to be checked, too. If this is low it can be sign fluid is leaking. If there are no obvious signs of a power steering fluid leak a rack seal can be failing and letting fluid out which is caught by the dust boot.

Check the coolant tank for leak sign and the radiators. Hope you have kept the radiator ducts free of trash build up.

Also, I assume the car has no issues, like funny noises, sign of coolant leaks, etc? One always wants to stay on top of these and have these addressed when they appear not when they get worse or the car is about to go out of warranty.

Last edited by Macster; 03-01-2015 at 09:30 PM.