Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello - New User 987 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:38 AM
mrandell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the Bridgestone tire rec! Roads in Southern California are great. Almost as nice as the Bay Area.

I was in contact with Suncoast on the new steering wheel but was able to find a totalled RS60 on ebay and grabbed that wheel. Very knowledgeable.

Looking forward to driving on HWY 74 as well as Mulholland North of LA.

Old 01-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
I still have a lot of RS60 goodies including the very limited edition 1:43 model set from Porsche (includes the original 1960 Sebring Spyder), Porsche original RS60 brochure which well outlines all the additions the RS60 received, and the original Porsche poster for dealer showrooms for which it acclaims the RS60 as the king. That's framed but I never got around to hanging it. King because it's the first Boxster to topple 300 hp I guess. Probably more stuff if I go look!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Steve997S; 01-13-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I had one of those for a little while. Telepathic steering, great brakes, great sounding engine, beautiful shifter. I just needed more room. Other than that, the car was awesome.
I loved how the gauges didn't have a cover, very old school, and the red interior. Loved the seats too.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
I had one of those for a little while. Telepathic steering, great brakes, great sounding engine, beautiful shifter. I just needed more room. Other than that, the car was awesome.
I loved how the gauges didn't have a cover, very old school, and the red interior. Loved the seats too.
Yep. I wish I still had mine. Steering was sublime. I replaced mine with a 2011 Spyder and actually found I enjoyed the RS60 more.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome to the forum! The Boxster is a superb platform for fun, good choice. If you have any questions about performance modifications, please let me know - I'd be happy to chat with you to give you a rundown of all your options and different setups that we've done to see if we can meet your goals together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.