Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobile 1 75W90LS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:53 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Mobile 1 75W90LS

Mobile 1 75W90 LS was designed with limited slip additives. Has anyone used it in their Boxster S? transmission that isn't limited slip? If so, how did you like it?

ChuckJ

Old 02-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Mobile 1 75W90 LS was designed with limited slip additives. Has anyone used it in their Boxster S? transmission that isn't limited slip? If so, how did you like it?

ChuckJ
Seems kind of pointless to buy a fluid intended for LSD equipped vehicles to run in one that doesn't have a LSD.

The question is not how the owner liked the fluid but how the transmission liked the fluid.

I can't tell you how my 2002 Boxster and my 2003 Turbo transmissions liked anything but the "factory" fluid. The Boxster's 5-speed has over 308K miles and still shifts like a dream and the diff makes no noise.

The Turbo's 6-speed has over 151K miles and likewise shifts like a dream and makes no noise.

I expect both transmissions to continue their long and trouble free service life with just regular fluid changes using the "factory" fluid.

I can't imagine how any other fluid could be any better and could be worse.

Be sure you flush and bleed the clutch hydraulic system along with the brake hydraulic system every 2 years. My experience letting this go even 2.5 years can have the clutch and the shifting acting up.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:42 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Thanks, Macster. I completely agree with you on the brake fluid and I think you may be right about the transmission oil as well. I think I'm going to try that first. This car has 86,000 miles and though it shifts okay, I think 13 years and 86,000 miles is enough.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.