Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psm failure on a 06 S after battery was installed backwards

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Lapdancer996 will become famous soon enough
Psm failure on a 06 S after battery was installed backwards

Ever since a battery was installed backwards in this 2006 cayman S the PSM failure has stayed illuminate. No fuses were blown. I tried replacing the steering angle sensor with no change. Is there a piwis process that needs to be carried out after installing a new steering angle sensor? I have a piwis II. I would like to know all the components of the PSM system so I can track down which one was fried from this mishap. Thanks to all that can shed some light on this.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lapdancer996
Ever since a battery was installed backwards in this 2006 cayman S the PSM failure has stayed illuminate. No fuses were blown. I tried replacing the steering angle sensor with no change. Is there a piwis process that needs to be carried out after installing a new steering angle sensor? I have a piwis II. I would like to know all the components of the PSM system so I can track down which one was fried from this mishap. Thanks to all that can shed some light on this.
The steering angle sensor must be installed with the wheels in the straight ahead position. Afterwards the center or zero postion of the sensor must be set/calibrated using the Porsche diagnostic computer.

There is a process to do this but I do not know under what menu option it would be found.

With the older PST2 system it is "Calibrate steering angle sensor" and this is in the PSM menu and the PSM menu is accessible from the ABS menu.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.