Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.4 boxster feeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:12 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
3.4 boxster feeler

I have to move a car and I have had 3 years of great pleasure from this one, which is a long time in my garage.
If anyone is interested, please email me (yogajohn@mcn.org) with questions, more pics etc.
Its a very lightweight low miles 97 car (31xxx and somewhere between 2700 and 2800lbs). Engine from 996 has just 14k on it. Car runs great, is super fun and very fast in straight line and positively sick in the curves.
1997 Porsche Boxster (3400S)

The following modifications have been completed (with receipts and pictures) to the car.

All mechanical work was done at Autosport Engineering, 370 Hudson Rd, Stow, Ma, 01775. They are one of the formost Boxster tuners in the entire country and quite possibly the most experienced shop in N. A. with regard to the 3.4 liter 996 engine conversion.
All the body work and paint was done by Auotpaint RI, Inc.
47 Stamp Farm Rd, Cranston, RI 02921

2001 3.4L Porsche 996 engine with mileage at installation of 6,200miles.
TTP Headers
TTP HI Flow Catalysts
TTP Air intake
TTP ecu program
Porsche 996 clutch and lightweight flywheel(14.5#)
Fikse FM10 18” Forged Alum. 3 Piece Modular Wheels with Michelin PS2 tires
Porsche factory GT 3 front bumper, grill
Porsche factory Aero sidesills
Porsche factory clear headlights, 03 taillights
Painted (body color match) factory roll hoops
Porsche factory 996 brakes and cross drilled 2 piece rotors

Porsche factory GT3 seats in Boxster Red
Porsch Carbon Fiber Dash trim
Center console
Door trim
Porsche factory Carbon Fiber and Leather steering wheel
Porshce factory Aluminum and leather shifter and ebrake handle
Tech Art side air intakes
Panited factory bumperettes
Bilstein sport shocks
Eibach progressive springs

I have not figured out price yet but will be a good deal especially considering I have reciepts for almost $60k in mods!!

Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM
G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !
I remember this car- you were looking at at at the same time you were looking at my M3 cab. Beautiful car. Let us know when you figure out a price.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
thanks, it is a great car and I can promise anyone interested, if you drive this car, you will want it. Very very fun car and super responsive handling.
As far as price goes, I know the mod money never comes back but $60k is a bundles and anyone wanting this type of top down handling fun will appreciate not having to replace these kind of mods.
The one issue with the car is that one of the power top arms is broken. A poor design that was a problem on the early cars and the fix is to replace the top. Its about a grand and it takes having the car for two days at a shop that is 250 miles from my house and its never been worth fixing. It works fine manually and takes about 15 seconds so my motivation to spend the $1k to fix is about zero!
If anyone is interested, lets say high $20's as is and you can fix or not at your discretion. Otherwise the car runs beautifully, tires are great, interior gorgous, everything works and the car is a true beast in the twisties.

Styling ride that is unique, fast and pretty cheap for what has been invested.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 PM
G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !
Where are you located? I have to fly into Emeryville for a few days in July

Old 06-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Mendocino, about 3 hours north of Emeryville and one of the most beautiful areas in California. If you are serious, its easy to rent a car and I could comp you a hotel room in the village for your trouble or possibly meet you part way. The prettiest part, though, is the last 1/3 of the trip.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 AM
blinkwatt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Porsche 996 clutch and lightweight flywheel(14.5#)
Is the 996/Boxster S clutch a direct swap for a 2.5L tranny w/ the 2.5L clutch?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
hatchimon is on a distinguished road
dang this car is sweet...i miss having a vert!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, the weather is right for the drop top for sure.

Have some offers and some serious lookers so if you are thinking about it, all I can say is the car is very special and will not be duplicated for twice the money once its gone.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
That's a very sweet ride!

Good luck with the sale.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks man, it is a beauty!
I thought the car was sold but the buyer has not repsonded so I guess its still available.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
blinkwatt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Is the 996/Boxster S clutch a direct swap for a 2.5L tranny w/ the 2.5L clutch?
I'm still waiting for a response.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Don't know the answer for that, you would have to talk to a shop to confirm.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Thought it was sold but no deal fell through so its still available.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 AM
wilbur760 is on a distinguished road
please pm me the asking price

Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM
pm responded to

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3.4 boxster feeler