Bringing in a Lambo?

Old 09-02-2009, 05:38 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superfly
?? '04 and newer?? Do tell, we ALL want to know. Hell, PM me if you'd prefer, I would love to bring in a G SL or 2.......
If you bring in 2, I'll call first dibs on the G.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:00 AM
fdss is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 8ull8ear
With the current exchange rate and the Lambo prices are dropping in the US, I've been thinking of bringing one in for the past couple of months. With my specs, I can easily pay an upwards of $40k for 04' & 05' if I buy it here. I recently saw a couple of 04's on here and a few 05's on Ebay, that really caught my attention especially the 05' orange one from Houston Lambo. I already had my finances arranged just in case I can't sell my supra in time and I also pmed a couple of 6 spd members for their opinions. With Cory's advice, I looked for more info about importing a Lambo and this is what I came across, (I copied from Lambo talk forum and pasted below),

Again...RIV REQUIRES recall letter & modifications to be done BY LAMBO CANADA ~PERIOD. Mike Gallo from Lambo Toronto ASSURES me they will NOT
do the work or supply letter.Yes,the modifications could be done by Canadian
Tire but that still won't be any good to you with RIV. Probably the same with
Ferrari.Don't rely on RIV admissibility info. They may tell you it's OK,but you must investigate further because they are idiots.If they accept a US recall (BIG IF) then it's possible. However they probably require Ferrari Canada to issue recall & do modifications.Same crap as with Lambo.It may happen one day..Mercedes for example but don't count on it anytime soon

More of the discussions can be found from this link, http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...90/index3.html.

To make it short, as of now it's not possible to bring in a Lambo unless you're a celebrity or Lambo's best buddies. If you guys know of anyone that recently brought one in or planning to bring one in, please feel free to post the info here or email me directly at ot-rehab@bell.blackberry.net.

Cheers,
Tim
Guys, give Transport Canada/RIV a call in Ottawa and tell them what you want to bring in, use some common sense when you talk to them and you'll be surprised at what they tell you!

Remember, only a US dealer can tell you if here are any outstanding recalls. What's the big deal if a U.S. dealer looks up the VIN or if the idiot dealer in Toronto does it!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I would give Roy fro Cat's Exotics a call. I'm pretty sure he deals with this quite often. He is a sponsor here on 6speed. www.catsexotics.com

Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Detailjohn, thanks for the heads up.

Actually, I've read Roy's posts on the other forum before posting this topic to look for more info. I also got a few contacts recently and one was from a 6spd's sponsor. There are ways of bringing one in but still a couple of issues once it's landed. With all the extra costs involved, I don't think it's worth my while to bring in a 04. I'm more interested in hearing feedback from someone that has recently brought it in before I can decide for either a US or CDN spec.

Cheers,
Tim

Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 PM
fdss is on a distinguished road
1. Call RIV in Ottawa.
2. Get contact name and the direct fax number to send your paperwork.
3. Find your car. Avoid 2004 because of clutch issues, or make sure clutch is current version and egear software is current.
4. Get a U.S. Lamborghini dealer to get your clearance letter and enable DRL for you.
5. Fax your clearance letter/computer printout showing no recalls, and work order for DRL lights being enabled to the person you contacted at RIV. Make sure it's 72 hours before presenting car at the border.
6. Get your car to the border.