Bringing in a Lambo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:57 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Bringing in a Lambo?

With the current exchange rate and the Lambo prices are dropping in the US, I've been thinking of bringing one in for the past couple of months. With my specs, I can easily pay an upwards of $40k for 04' & 05' if I buy it here. I recently saw a couple of 04's on here and a few 05's on Ebay, that really caught my attention especially the 05' orange one from Houston Lambo. I already had my finances arranged just in case I can't sell my supra in time and I also pmed a couple of 6 spd members for their opinions. With Cory's advice, I looked for more info about importing a Lambo and this is what I came across, (I copied from Lambo talk forum and pasted below),

Again...RIV REQUIRES recall letter & modifications to be done BY LAMBO CANADA ~PERIOD. Mike Gallo from Lambo Toronto ASSURES me they will NOT
do the work or supply letter.Yes,the modifications could be done by Canadian
Tire but that still won't be any good to you with RIV. Probably the same with
Ferrari.Don't rely on RIV admissibility info. They may tell you it's OK,but you must investigate further because they are idiots.If they accept a US recall (BIG IF) then it's possible. However they probably require Ferrari Canada to issue recall & do modifications.Same crap as with Lambo.It may happen one day..Mercedes for example but don't count on it anytime soon

More of the discussions can be found from this link, http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...90/index3.html.

To make it short, as of now it's not possible to bring in a Lambo unless you're a celebrity or Lambo's best buddies. If you guys know of anyone that recently brought one in or planning to bring one in, please feel free to post the info here or email me directly at ot-rehab@bell.blackberry.net.

Cheers,
Tim

Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
You could always plate it in the US and then store it down there during the winter (thus meeting the requirement to not 'maintain ownership' of it in Canada. Not saying you should, just saying you could........

Otherwise, you're SOL. Lambo Canada will NOT work on or approve a US (or Euro) car to Canada. Or else you're looking at 1995 model years as of about now.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 8ull8ear
More of the discussions can be found from this link, http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...90/index3.html.
Just read your link. Looks like Roy is saying the same thing there as I just said above. Wish it weren't so. But it sure makes it tempting to just buy a place in the US and keep the car there. The roads (Florida, California, Vegas) are so much nicer and more fun too!! Damn, now THERE'S a great idea!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superfly
Just read your link. Looks like Roy is saying the same thing there as I just said above. Wish it weren't so. But it sure makes it tempting to just buy a place in the US and keep the car there. The roads (Florida, California, Vegas) are so much nicer and more fun too!! Damn, now THERE'S a great idea!!!
Superfly, yes that's a great idea and I also agreed about the roads in Florida/Cali/Vegas.

My wife and I thought of moving to the US a few times but things never worked out. The only place that we would live in the US is Cali, but getting up at 6am before the opening bell of the stock markets give me the goosebumps.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by 8ull8ear
Superfly, yes that's a great idea and I also agreed about the roads in Florida/Cali/Vegas.

My wife and I thought of moving to the US a few times but things never worked out. The only place that we would live in the US is Cali, but getting up at 6am before the opening bell of the stock markets give me the goosebumps.
I can't actually take credit for the idea. This spring, some friends and I all took our GT's to California. We had SO MUCH FUN driving on those roads. Now admittedly, that car is not my daily like my 911TT is. I expect a Gallardo would be the same (not a daily), and we all felt that if we had a vay-kay place in the US, we'd go there like 1/month for a week or so, and we'd enjoy our cars FAR FAR FAR more than we do on the bumpy 90degree corner roads around here. Google "Little Tajunga Canyon Road" and then scroll the map up to the right until you can see the "100 mile or so loop" to see what we mean....... Man, I'd rather drive that road 10 times a year than drive my roads on a regular weekend basis........

Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 AM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
8ull8ear:
I can't believe Lamborghini can get away with flatly denying to issue the letter or do the work. If you're saying there is a $40k difference in price, I wonder if a fee of $10k could be paid to the dealer to get the letter & work done? You're still ahead $30k and the dealer just made the easiest $10k they could make and they'll gain your service business for years to come...

SuperFly:
Your idea is a sound one, especially where property values in the states are right now. If you're looking to hold a house long term, I'd seriously be looking at the A+ neighbourhoods because they'll be the first to rebound.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
civilian is on a distinguished road
did you try john scotti out in montreal? they seem like a larger company with other brands, they might be more accepting of the idea. then from there ship it down OR ORRRRR cover it in blue car tape and drive it. that would be a pretty sweet road trip in your new car, i think.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:19 AM
civilian is on a distinguished road

i love driving the highways down there in FLA. sorry freeways. anyway, i had that idea with a couple cars but it's such a pain the the *** to ship it back n forth. i could only imagine cali. not to mention for those 2-6 days it's in transit i'd crap myself thinking of the potential for damage.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
revolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to beholdrevolution993 is a splendid one to behold
I saw not too long ago on ebay a gallardo 04 orange for 85k crazy price drop on these cars ,and ive seen a 993tt go for more then that.

Wish you luck on the search for your gallardo.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I've got a few more contacts but it looks like the guys over at lambo talk already covered all the bases. I actually have seen quite a few on ebay between $85k US to $95K US for a 04 Gallardo.

There's another 04' silver for sale in Toronto, but the asking price is $149k , for an e-gear with a clear bonet, http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_C...0452&r=ontario.

Last edited by SY6TTX50; 09-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
US cars are admissible. Been there, done that.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by me&you
US cars are admissible. Been there, done that.
?? '04 and newer?? Do tell, we ALL want to know. Hell, PM me if you'd prefer, I would love to bring in a G SL or 2.......

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
1schoir will become famous soon enough
Lambos are nice, but Canada has become more restrictive of late with import from U.S.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by 1schoir
Lambos are nice, but Canada has become more restrictive of late with import from U.S.
Well, to be fair, "Canada" has not become more restrictive, rather the individual manufacturers have become more restrictive.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
jon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of lightjon8 is a glorious beacon of light
Well, to be fair, "Canada" has not become more restrictive, rather the individual manufacturers have become more restrictive.

Yes, exactly.

Market protection

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bringing in a Lambo?