Shipping a porsche to Can from USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:04 PM
crazydude is on a distinguished road
Question Shipping a porsche to Can from USA

I was planning on using TFX if I bought from a dealer. But it is looking more and more like I will be purchasing privately.

I dont want to buy a car form someone in the usa. leave the car with them for a week or two until the shipping truck shows up. Seems to be alot of trust to have in a stranger.

Anyone know of a shipping company that has depot in the USA where i can drop off the car to be temporarily stored untill the shipping truck shows up?

Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
168 will become famous soon enough168 will become famous soon enough
Where is the car coming from?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 PM
crazydude is on a distinguished road
no car located yet. So it could be nearly any state.

If it is summer time when I find the perfect 996TT, I will drive it home myself most likely. But in the event that I find one during the winter/spring months, I will ship it. And I really cant justify the idea of giving a guy 50k... letting him keep the keys to the car I just bought... and trust him with my cash and my car for 2 weeks until a truck shows up to transport it. I could see it turning into a nightmare. So many scenarios could arise to make my life difficult.

I just wish I could drive the car to a depot or the shipping companies location....drop it off... fly home...and wait for my car to show up.

Anyone know of a company that offers this style of service?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 AM
mjh
mjh is on a distinguished road
Find it, Buy it, and store it until spring and drive it home your self. There are places everywhere that store cars indoors for winter months that are secure and heated (if need be). Most car hauling companies will pick up in a day or two, if in or near a major city, if you decided to ship it. I just purchased a 996 in Michigan in Dec just 3 days before the salt hit the road so I drove it (very fun to drive your new purchase home) but I did look into having it shipped and most would pick up in 48 to 72 hrs. Your already putting a lot of trust in the current owner when you purchase any car, even if it around the block from where you live, if you don't trust this person to hang on to the car for a few days, maybe you should not be purchasing a car from that person to begin with??
My 2 cents, I'd drive it, with in the first 1/2hr of owning my 996 I had it up to 135 mph on US 23! Straight open stretch of road with no other cars around or even coming in the other direction, I mean it was on a closed course.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Prudens is on a distinguished road
Anyone know if PFAFF Porsche in the GTA honors US warranties on CPO'd Porsches?

I'm planning on getting a 2008 Cayenne S with a CPO warranty from a Porsche dealer in the New York, NJ, OH, PA area and driving it back myself, but am concerned with the local dealer not honoring the warranty or charging me the $1200 to validate the warranty.

2008 Cayenne S with about 60K miles are going for less than $45K now (CPO'd).