Moving to NS, have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Franky is on a distinguished road
Moving to NS, have a few questions.

I'm a US citizen, leaving NYC and moving to Nova Scotia this June. I plan on shipping my '07 C2s and '91 corvette. After a few phone calls done by my fiance, she has told me of a few things that I have confirmed reading previous posts about warranty letter / inspection etc. I do have a couple general questions that maybe you can help me with.

1) Can you recommend any enclosed transports?

2) Besides the A/C and providence fee, is there any import tax I will have to pay? After speaking to a couple of people, they say no. But just want to know for sure.

3) Any info you can give me would be great.

I'm sure I will have more in time, but any help on transportors would be great. Thank you in advance.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
have fun with the Neufee's... i work with one, he is jokes

If you contact TFX Transport www.tfxinternational.com they are based out of Toronto and do all over N/A they will be able to help you with Import Questions

you can also try www.intercitylines.com & www.reliable-carriers.com they both are PCA Approved

Last edited by Zookie; 02-22-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
ginoleb is on a distinguished road
local track to play with your 911

First, don't call your friends in Nova Soctia newfies, it's the next province over (Newfoundland) sorry I don't have specifics on import taxes when you're moving to a new country, I imported a used 997 I purchased in NYC last may (to Moncton New Brunswick - other neighbouring province)for which I did pay a 6% import duty becaus it was not built in North america.
I did want to connect you to pretty cool "not for profit" track where I spend quite a bit of time (not enough). Here's the link, If you're interested there are different groups that offer driving classes or just lapping, etc..
cheers
Gino

http://www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com/index.php

Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
www.riv.ca

is where you start.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Franky is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for the info.

Zookie I didn't even think of reliable, They made me feel the most comfortable, and my cars will only be on one vechicle. Other companies would have to transfer the cars to another company once they got to Canada.

Ginoleb, thank you for the heads up with the newfies, when I spoke to my fiance I decided to bust her stones and call her one. She got very defensive and explained to me the difference! Lol. Also, thank you so much for the link to AMP. I thought I was gonig to be out of luck with tracks to run the car on. Will looki into this more.

wpgfordguy, just took a quick look at the link. Will have to go through it once more when I have more time.

Thank you all once again.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Franky
Zookie I didn't even think of reliable, They made me feel the most comfortable, and my cars will only be on one vechicle. Other companies would have to transfer the cars to another company once they got to Canada.
Did you try TFX?