Vinyl wrap in Vancouver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Vinyl wrap in Vancouver?

Noticing a few of exotics in Vancouver getting the matte black/white vinyl wrap done. Really starting to like it and thinking it may be time to change up the color of my ride

Can any one recommend a good service center or independent in Vancouver to have this done? ...and what materials? 3m?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Check out Andy at HEC Audio. They are right next to SR in Richmond. They wrap for all SR cars but will be a bit cheaper going directly to them as you would cut out the middleman.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Awesome - Thanks!
Don't suppose you have a website for them - can's seem to find anything on line via search

Last edited by pureporsche; 07-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Our vinyl wrapping is some of the best in the country. Just a short drive from Vancouver, but we have several customer who travel from that region, or further for similar services.

John

Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Awesome - Thanks!
Don't suppose you have a website for them - can's seem to find anything on line via search
I don't think they have a website as I tried looking for it myself a while back. I was going to do a clear bra from them. Andy also does those vinyl license plate stickers too.

Just pop in next time you're in Richmond.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Be careful about taking a car to the US for service or modification. If not declared properly at the border the duty can be the duty on the entire car value! You need to get a permit from Canada Customs to have work (other than emergency repairs) done in the US. Several PCar owners have found out the hard way with very stiff fines but at least they got the car back (which is not required, Canada Customs can sieze the car)!

John in Vancouver

Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks John!
I believe all should be fine as long as it's declared and appropriate paper work presented. Just as with anything else purchased. That said, I haven't decided if over the border is the best option just yet.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Actually you are not correct. If you have anything done to the car without prior approval they can (if they wish) charge you duty on the value of the whole car not just the work done. Or, if they really want to be nasty they can sieze the car! Only way around is to get prior approval to have the work done. No problem with bringing parts back just pay any duty and taxes. Have them installed in the US and you can be in trouble as several Porsche owners found out the hard way. I'm not sure how to get the approval. You'd have to talk to Customs but just driving up to the border and saying you've had modifiations/service done to your car can land you in real trouble as it's just not that simple. I've checked the concept out with Customs in the past and their story doesn't seem to change. Forewarned is forearmed so to speak. Having work done and not declaring it isn't an option either if you value the car.

John in Vancouver

Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM
joboo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Be careful about taking a car to the US for service or modification. If not declared properly at the border the duty can be the duty on the entire car value! You need to get a permit from Canada Customs to have work (other than emergency repairs) done in the US. Several PCar owners have found out the hard way with very stiff fines but at least they got the car back (which is not required, Canada Customs can sieze the car)!

John in Vancouver
really? thats crazy and good to know!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
111GTS is on a distinguished road
I just crossed the border last week and on my way back I was asked if I did any modifications or repairs to the car while I was in the US. Looks like they are dead serious with this as Snowczar has said.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Try ph solar in Vancouver. They do all the big dealers. Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Weissach's. Saw a murci go from white to satin black. Looked super cool.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:06 PM
quattrogeek is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Snowczar
Actually you are not correct. If you have anything done to the car without prior approval they can (if they wish) charge you duty on the value of the whole car not just the work done. Or, if they really want to be nasty they can sieze the car! Only way around is to get prior approval to have the work done. No problem with bringing parts back just pay any duty and taxes. Have them installed in the US and you can be in trouble as several Porsche owners found out the hard way. I'm not sure how to get the approval. You'd have to talk to Customs but just driving up to the border and saying you've had modifiations/service done to your car can land you in real trouble as it's just not that simple. I've checked the concept out with Customs in the past and their story doesn't seem to change. Forewarned is forearmed so to speak. Having work done and not declaring it isn't an option either if you value the car.

John in Vancouver
Whaaaaat!!? Even if you've had service work performed or any other work for that matter, why wouldn't a receipt declaring the exact nature of the transaction be sufficient when crossing the border? If you can go to the States and purchase a vehicle, declare said purchase, pay associated duties, why on earth would they have any problem at all with heading down South for service work on the same vehicle, as long as you have documentation supporting the nature of your trip...i don't get the what big deal is...

There seems to be a big push by border services and US customs towards a policy of isolationism, greater regulation, and ulitimately towards stifling economic activity on both sides of the border....almost like an entity that seems to be acting on its own without government oversight...not sure what they hope to achieve.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 PM
fp997 is on a distinguished road
how long do those vinyl wraps typically last? just curious.

i presume they can be removed cleanly too?

thanks

Old 10-30-2011, 11:50 AM
You are absolutely wrong. If you have anything whatsover done to your car while in the US other than "emergency repairs" the car can be subject to duty and taxes all over again. You need to get a permit to have work done and I think that would be difficult.

Several Porsche owners in Greater Vancouver have found this out the hard way! A friend of mine had his engine blow in Washington state. Had a new engine installed in Seattle. Had to prove to Customs officials that the repairs were "emergency" repairs and thankfully he had the towing bill for taking the car to the dealer to prove immobility of the car.

I have researched this many times both by talking to Customs Brokers and to Customs themselves. It's up to the discretion of the officer at the border crossing. They can legally just charge you duty and taxes, charge you duty and taxes on the value of the car or even just seize the car (probably only if you "forgot" to declare anything though).

Also, for heavans sakes if you do have something done to the car in the US pay with Cash. Canada Customs does have access to Visa/Mastercard/Amex computers if they wish and people have been caught this way.

Another trick that's been used (again I know someone who got caught this way) is they visit automobile repair shops etc. in the Northern part of Washington and actually pay a reward to the shop to turn people in. In this persons case the RCMP came by several weeks later with a copy of the work order (for tires). In his case he was only charged double duty and taxes as a penalty.

This applies to other items that you might have repaired or altered while out of the country. For example, if you have ring and you buy another stone for it while away there is no issue if you don't put the other stone in. Just pay duty/taxes. If you put the stone in the ring then the whole ring is subject to duty and taxes at the customs officer's discretion. This too I've reasearched and actually found this in a Canadian Customs publication.

John in Vancouver