Migrating to BC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Clarkhardball is on a distinguished road
Migrating to BC

Hey guys, I'm moving to Vancouver from Manila in a few months. Do we have active 6speeders in the area?

Old 12-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
There are a number of 6 Speeders in the Greater Vancouver area. Also an active PCA region located in the Greater Vancouver area with 400+ members/cars. Google "PCA-CWR" for information on the Porsche Club events etc.

John in Vancouver

Old 12-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Clarkhardball
Do we have active 6speeders in the area?
They were all Arrested. Please dont Mention 6speedonline when you Land in Canada or you will be Arrested

Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure where the previous comment comes from but it's totally incorrect. Those arrested were a bunch of immature rich kids driving their Ferrari's, Lambo's and MB SLS's (and a few other similar priced cars) doing in excess of 160k on a highway (12 of them).

Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 AM
gt3rs. is on a distinguished road
Lol

Originally Posted by Zookie
They were all Arrested. Please dont Mention 6speedonline when you Land in Canada or you will be Arrested

Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
lol atleast someone figured out the humor... i was starting to get worried

Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM
iceman153 is on a distinguished road
I moved back to van a little while ago, just finishing off the import process for my TT. Be nice to get to know some felow owners, are there many autocross events held? I looked up PCA-CWR and they havn't held one for a while.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
BTW, what gives with not allowing ANY tint here (even relatively light tint like mine), anyone know ways around that with the provincial? I've heard u do get bugged alot for it, but i've been driving her around van for a while now without a peep from cops. I'd rather only remove it if it really does draw alot of attention.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
CWR Region has autocross type events almost every month in the spring/summer/fall. As well our group is welcome to participate in the local BMW and one other clubss auto cross events. Normally we also do two driver education events a year out at Mission Raceway. BMW Club also welcomes us to their DE events.

There are also a number of "Touring" events held each month on a Saturday morning. These normally start in April or so.

Suggest if you haven't already is to join PCA and then sign up for Timberline which is CWR's newsletter.

We will be having our Annual General Meeting, tentatively on February 2. Location to be determined this weekend. New members and Porsche friends who are considering joining PCA are very welcome at these meetings. Normally they are on the Web Site once the dates and times are sorted out.

We are having our CWR planning meeting on Saturday so from that should come some firmer dates on various events. We also do a weekend trip, this year to Osoyoos, in early September (weekend after Labour Day).

John in Vancouver

Old 01-19-2012, 12:23 PM
The BC Motor Vehicle Act does not allow tint on the driver's door and it's opposite door. So the Police can clearly see inside is my understanding of the issue. Tint on read door windows etc. is allowed but only to a certain degree. Windshield can have a very very light tint if it's a factory tinted windshield that meets Canadian safety specifications.

Some of our members have been fined for tinted door windows. It depends on the officer and what kind of mood he's in.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey John, I'll definitely look into joining PCA, sounds like alot of fun! I might try to make it to your AGM. I've never given autocross a shot before, it's something i've always wanted to get into.

As far as tint, mine is light enough that you can see inside the car, except maybe at night, which is maybe why i haven't run into trouble on the streets. Also i'd expect as long as you roll the windows down well before the officer gets to your car he's not going to even notice, unless your being pulled over for it explicitly. If only they didn't care about it in the provincial, removing tint is a PITA!

Anyway, thanks John, maybe i'll see you at one of the meets.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
One or two of our members were pulled over specifically for the tint. One member actually twice in one day. When he showed the first ticket he was let go but ticketed for something else!

Years ago a friend of mine with a BMW was not only pulled over for the tint (was very dark) he was taken to the Vancouver police station for some reason or another.

John in Vancouver

Old 01-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Ouch! I think i'm just going to have to give in an go peel it off. Feels wrong spending time on the car to make her look worse :P

Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM
GBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to beholdGBBc2s is a splendid one to behold
John, I have been on the PCA-CWR website in the past and for those that want to learn more about joining, there really is not much information. Any guidance?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Email me off line at treasurer@pca-cwr.org and give me a contact telephone number and I'll call you. Preferably a daytime number.

Are you already a member of PCA itself? If not, go to www.PCA.org and sign up. They will assign you to being a member of PCA-CWR. Then when you have a member number you can go to www.pca-cwr.org and there will be a link to sign up for the newsletter (Timberline). PCA costs $48 US per year and Timberline $28 CDN (inc HST) per year.

Our site is a little quiet with things happening but that will change as our planning meeting is this morning (Saturday). Soon you will see more things up on the site.

John in Vancouver

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Migrating to BC