Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM
1000songs is on a distinguished road
Dash Cam

Every day is an adventure in Toronto - had a skilled driver pull a u-turn directly in front of me while I was going North on Dufferin today. Awesome.

I think it's about time I got myself a dash camera. If YouTube is any indication, it seems that everyone in Russia has one, so they can't be crazy expensive! And I don't think I want to have my GoPro sitting on the dash all day.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced dash cameras and installation in the GTA? Or must buys on eBay?

Thanks,

Kevin

Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
jasonintoronto is on a distinguished road
I like dedicated dash cams. Itronics ITB-100HD is what I'm thinking about trying.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
jasonintoronto is on a distinguished road
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
A friend got one that looks like a 407 transponder. Intriguing idea.. Will find out what brand it is for you

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dan
A friend got one that looks like a 407 transponder. Intriguing idea.. Will find out what brand it is for you
im interested in that as well.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I'm looking for one as well. Something small and Mac compatible.
Does anyone have any recos or places other than EBay that sell them?

I want to be able to move it from car to car.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
I'd be in for a group buy! Who wants to organize?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Saibot is on a distinguished road
Theres been a few group buys going on over at redflagdeals.com for the blackvue.

The manufacturer of blackvue isn't very honest though; once they found out that they were shipping cameras at wholesale price to an individual who was distributing them for the group buy; they cancelled everyone's warranties.

Theres also a company, blackboxmycar, which is pretty untrustworthy and recommended that people should stay away from too.

as of now; the itronics ITB-100HD is probably the best camera with the best manufacturer standing behind their product.

If you've got time and want to read through some drama between the manufacturer, the group buy organizer and blackboxmycar, heres the link where the company's true intentions were revealed: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group...205-a-1251973/

Anyways, im keeping in my eyes on the group buy section of RedFlagDeals. When something comes through, ill post here.

I just saw my buddy get totalled in his evo9 two days ago while making a left and someone ran a red; so a dash cam is one of my top priorities right now.