Importing US track Car for street use

Old 02-23-2013, 09:47 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
Importing US track Car for street use

Guys, I'm considering buying a BGB Racing Porsche Cayman. It's a beautiful build. They have built this particular Cayman up with a full interior so it could be driven to track days.

But there are a few issues. I'm not sure I will be able to license/insure a car in Canada with:

- Original airbag wheel removed and detachable wheel installed
- Race bucket seats with harness (I think they also have the original)
- Full 6 point welded in cage
- Fire Suspension system

Etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
I think your major issue would be the Airbags as it is a Safety feature.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
That's exactly my concern. Do Caymans have airbags in the seat?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 AM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
I bet your going to have a hard time getting a heavily modified street turned race car insured for the street. No problem getting theft and fire on it and trailing it to the track though.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM
biobanker is on a distinguished road
It wont pass safety without the proper and less interesting steering wheel to start, unless you find a friendly inspector.

I dont know how you would deal with the cage. If you plan on street driving this a fair bit I would pass on the car because of the cage alone. You dont want to crack your head on a bar getting milk.

And you would need the normal belts reinstalled but the 6pts would probably be okay to leave alongside.

You can probably get it licensed if you go to a friendly place and insured if your company doesnt want to see it.

But those are a lot of ifs!!!