Carrera GT/918 Porsche Hypercars

918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 PM
OklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to beholdOklahomaGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
The 918 surprises McLaren by being faster than the P1 with less horsepower and more weight!

Source: Top Gear magazine
Great info

Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
LOL! Nobody in their right mind will buy a Porsche "to attain a higher status level" when you can buy a Porsche for $45K!!! Most who buy a 918 buy it because they are avid Porsche or performance car enthusiasts (like Seinfeld or Roger Penske or Ralph Lauren all of whom I understand are customers and none are new money nor in need to attain higher status!). There is at least one owner who has posted on this thread. Yet others will buy it because of its incredible technology and performance. Granted not all will track a 918 regularly and why would you if you spent a million on a car as an enthusiast? Go get an Arial Atom, a Caterham or even a regular GT3 for a track rat!

IMO, those seeking purely status, will go and buy something more exclusive from a brand like Ferrari, Lamborghini or Bugatti (and then treat it like a garage queen and never track it!)

Every Carrera GT owner I know (granted just 3 or 4) tracks his car at least occasionally. I would imagine the same from 918 owners.
Um so because 2 people who bought it and 1 on the forum are enthusiast the other 915 will be as well? I didn't say people buy porsche for prestige (well actually some do). They will buy a 918 for prestige. And you can't compare a million dollar car to a 400k car sorry. And again if you buy a used porsche you don't fall into this category same as if you go out and buy a used 360 modena with 25k miles for 80k. Then again there are some people as well who go crazy and bankrupt themselves just to own these cars used as well.

Yes I'm sure 200 owners will be avid enthusiasts. The other 718 will fall into the category I layer out. Sorry thats just the way of the world. Accept it don't accept it doesn't change the facts. You need to understand how these people think. They don't want a lambo or bugatti. At that level everyone has one. They want the latest thing. And thats laferrari, p1, and the 918. Out of all of these only the 918 isn't sold out, p1 is gone, and laferrari you need to be on the list doesn't matter if your new money and have the cash.

Last edited by speedsterr; 07-17-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:56 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Another Guards Red 918 Weissach Package delivered in Monaco...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Red 918 in Monaco.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	396855  
Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 AM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
We had the third car delivered in North America, according to Porsche, and the first in Canada, in Edmonton, Alberta. It arrived last week and will go to the client this week. It is yellow - I will post a photo later today.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:26 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
More photos of the red 918 Weissach Package car...

Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Simply beautiful!

Mine is supposed to be completed in 3 days (I can't wait) and then I have to wait on the boat to get it here.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:32 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Here are a couple of photographs of the third 918 in North America.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
That yellow one is sexy as hell!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations Chuck The GR is going to look great.

For the Yellow one, I would change the Caliper color and also think about changing the wheels. Not feeling the color compared to others.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Simply beautiful!

Mine is supposed to be completed in 3 days (I can't wait) and then I have to wait on the boat to get it here.
Absolutely! With the livery, I am thinking this may be a factory wrap as opposed to paint but the car looks stunning in red! Congrats again! Super excited for you! You should have airfreighted the car so you don't have to go through this painful wait while it is on a boat! Please post photos (preferably high quality :-) after you get it!

Old 07-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by AP328
Here are a couple of photographs of the third 918 in North America.
Porsche NA told me they have delivered 5 so far in North America. Regardless, this car looks very eye-catching! I am surprised they did not change the color of the calipers to match the paint... Any shots of the interior?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Porsche had said, about 10 days ago, that this was the third in NA and the first in Canada. Sorry no interior shots. Looked great in person and was the star at our PCA Concours.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Onibas will become famous soon enough
The Monaco 918 not is red. Is a W Salzburg in a sample pure Orange:

Attachment 397896

Old 07-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Onibas
The Monaco 918 not is red. Is a W Salzburg in a sample pure Orange:

Attachment 397896
The attachment could not be opened...

Are you asking a question about the color on the Monaco 918 or are you saying you know it is a type of orange?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Onibas will become famous soon enough
Yes, I say it's Pure Orange.

See if now upload the pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	397897

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder