Carrera GT/918 Porsche Hypercars

918 vs Alpha 12 1100 HP Nissan GTR TWO races to 200 mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 04:31 AM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bumpinjeep
Class and bloodlines are things you cannot just add? Do you just post pictures of cars on the internet and not really know much about them? I would recommend doing some research of the Nissan Skyline. There's plenty of bloodlines and actual racing heritage from the GTR.
Here's a quick read: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/12/11/n...gend-was-born/
Here's another just in case: http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...zilla-history/

Oh and if the Nissan has no soul, then the 918 wasn't even alive to begin with lol. We've talking about a hybrid vehicle here .

At the end of the day, i'd take the Porsche of course but discrediting the GT-R shows that you simply have no clue about sports cars in general.
No words you put here will make me respect an asian car, ever. My point about history is this, and apparently you don't get it. There is no significant automotive history from that side of the pacific prior to the 1960's and in the overall scheme of things this history wasn't groundbreaking. In case your highness hasn't noticed, that's not ANYWHERE near the beginning of the automobile. That's the 'history' I refer to. One other little 'no doubt insignificant' historical tidbit, how many asian cars are at the big auctions? Half the attendance, 1/3 of them? Oh, maybe it's 1/4 then? What would be appropriate if they are as all high and mighty as your highness thinks? There could not have been 10 at the RM I just visited (probably closer to 5) and I assure you I never saw a gathering of people around any of them (I'm not making that up), even the 2000GT which even 'I' don't consider junk.

And then there's the part where you'd pick "the Porsche of course"... I rest my case.

Last edited by Lotus907; 02-15-2016 at 05:55 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-23-2016, 01:11 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
That 918 makes that GTR look like an Altima next to it.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by thegame
That 918 makes that GTR look like an Altima next to it.
And you would not be alone with that line of thinking either. Top Gear had a celebrity on their show one night that had one. I wish I could remember quotes but there were a lot of disappointed comments in regard to owning it. I could go on with related stories about how that vehicle has been placed on a very undeserving pedestal.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:38 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lotus907
No words you put here will make me respect an asian car, ever. My point about history is this, and apparently you don't get it. There is no significant automotive history from that side of the pacific prior to the 1960's and in the overall scheme of things this history wasn't groundbreaking. In case your highness hasn't noticed, that's not ANYWHERE near the beginning of the automobile. That's the 'history' I refer to.
Everyone can like or respect whatever they want, but "history" and "bloodlines" don't automatically make something better. Just because something has been around longer, it deserves more respect? You must love your Motorola cell phone. That company practically defined the cell phone from its origins. Blackberry or Palm smartphone? Watch TV on your Zenith set? Take pictures on your Kodak camera? Those are the companies with the longest "bloodlines" and rich "history" that defined those products. Texas Instruments semiconductors? Cray supercomputers? Are you surfing this forum using your AOL service, Netscape browser, and IBM PC? That mentality also means the Beatles, the Stones, and Elvis Presley deserve no respect as musicians, and only Beethoven, Mozart, and other composers with long "history" are noteworthy.

As far as cars go, you must love Oldsmobile, one of the oldest car companies. Here's some accepted "history" involving Asian cars: Japanese cars forced US auto manufacturers to drastically improve the quality of their cars in the '80s. Clearly longevity doesn't equate to quality. Racing? Most people consider F1 to be the pinnacle of the sport, and Honda has had a far bigger presence in F1 than Porsche and Honda engines have over 70 GP victories.

Having "no sigificant history" in a field does not automatically make a company or product inferior or less deserving of respect.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by mavila
Everyone can like or respect whatever they want, but "history" and "bloodlines" don't automatically make something better. Just because something has been around longer, it deserves more respect? You must love your Motorola cell phone. That company practically defined the cell phone from its origins. Blackberry or Palm smartphone? Watch TV on your Zenith set? Take pictures on your Kodak camera? Those are the companies with the longest "bloodlines" and rich "history" that defined those products. Texas Instruments semiconductors? Cray supercomputers? Are you surfing this forum using your AOL service, Netscape browser, and IBM PC? That mentality also means the Beatles, the Stones, and Elvis Presley deserve no respect as musicians, and only Beethoven, Mozart, and other composers with long "history" are noteworthy.

As far as cars go, you must love Oldsmobile, one of the oldest car companies. Here's some accepted "history" involving Asian cars: Japanese cars forced US auto manufacturers to drastically improve the quality of their cars in the '80s. Clearly longevity doesn't equate to quality. Racing? Most people consider F1 to be the pinnacle of the sport, and Honda has had a far bigger presence in F1 than Porsche and Honda engines have over 70 GP victories.

Having "no sigificant history" in a field does not automatically make a company or product inferior or less deserving of respect.
Having fun yet? Oh yes having less significant history is indeed less. There is still nothing you can say or do that will make me respect asian cars. Which if you may have noted was related to one of the cars in this thread and not to what I use for entertainment etc.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:56 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
Having fun yet? Oh yes having less significant history is indeed less. There is still nothing you can say or do that will make me respect asian cars. Which if you may have noted was related to one of the cars in this thread and not to what I use for entertainment etc.
As I said, you're free to like and respect whatever you want. I'm not trying to make you respect Asian cars. I'm simply pointing out inherently flawed logic. Having "history" does not automatically make something worthy of respect, nor does lack of history make a product less deserving of respect.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:12 PM
Geezus, collect them, collect stuff about them, join their car clubs, join their forums, have group hug sessions about them.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:26 PM
cdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to allcdk4219 is a name known to all
Geezus, collect them, collect stuff about them, join their car clubs, join their forums, have group hug sessions about them.
Nah, that's what Porshuh owners are for!

Old 07-12-2021, 05:21 AM
suryansh.auron is an unknown quantity at this point
because its both electric motors disengage Nox Vidmate VLC at this speed and leave the thermical engine alone.
I discovered a built 997.1TT can beat the 918 as well at high speed.

Last edited by suryansh.auron; 07-12-2021 at 06:10 AM.