Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne remote start

Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by profusion
I know this thread is old but I found this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQDyYApEHI
Anyone ever had a remote start install on their Cayenne?
Thats crazy what smartphones are capable of nowadays! I had remote start on previous vehicles and loved the option, but probably wouldn't ever do it on a Porsche simply because I wouldn't want any electrical issues

Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I was wondering the same thing until I read the owners manual-
It says to NOT let the vehicle sit and idle, but to get in, start it and go, driving easy until the engine gets to operating temp. Go figure- maybe Porsche engineers know something about oil press. that we dont. Mine usually warms in a couple of minutes. And the seat heaters will cook your ****

Old 12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
JBONDOx is on a distinguished road
i'm trying the 2011 today and it is definitely not anywhere close to the 2010

Old 12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
bkcarrera is on a distinguished road
Our CS was finished this week. Mid Jan. arrival - I hope.
I have an '08 Landcruiser w/ remote start.
Last winter with temps around zero - I hit the button(s). After allowing several minutes to get toasty, I walked out to find all the windows and sunroof open. I guess I hit the wrong combo.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
remote start has its place in history along with lambo doors... unnecessary, just get in the car and turn it on...

Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM
pakundo is on a distinguished road
+1....

no offense but i hate leaving a car that is running/idling(not because its gonna get stolen) worried about something else like catching fire!!

happened to my 928..clogged catalytic converter...

reply..
I was wondering the same thing until I read the owners manual-
It says to NOT let the vehicle sit and idle, but to get in, start it and go, driving easy until the engine gets to operating temp

i just let it warm up..on the engine side yes...but what about the transmission side of it(automatics) i just let the fluid circulates and let the pressure buildup in the tranny..i hate burning clutch bands..

Last edited by pakundo; 12-12-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
remote start has its place in history along with lambo doors... unnecessary, just get in the car and turn it on...

Easy to say if you never need it, some people aren't as fortunate and freeze their a**es off in the winter!

Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Easy to say for someone living in Tampa...

What's that? 54F tonight?...Ooohhh...Burrrrrrr..... lol

Old 12-13-2010, 03:23 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Easy to say for someone living in Tampa...

What's that? 54F tonight?...Ooohhh...Burrrrrrr..... lol
we have the opposite, i.e. get into hot cars... i wait for the AC to cool down the same way you wait for the heat to kick in... adding a third party remote start is still, silly. regardless of the car/weather.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
we have the opposite, i.e. get into hot cars... i wait for the AC to cool down the same way you wait for the heat to kick in... adding a third party remote start is still, silly. regardless of the car/weather.
I've lived in tropical climates. Definately NOT the same thing...

Old 12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
toshii is on a distinguished road
remote start would be $$$ in the mornings

Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
85258 is on a distinguished road
I had a remote start installed in my Wifes van a month ago and so far it has been great. We have cold winters here and with small kids it is nice to start the car a few minutes before you head outside from hockey, the mall, the house, etc. Definately easier on the drivetrain when it is -15C or below (5F).

I have spent time getting into hot cars in 100F+ Arizona temps and in humid Eastern Canada summers and there is no comparision to how quickly AC blows cold vs the time it takes to get the engine temp up to produce heat when it is below freezing.

I called around locally and did not find anyone that had done a Cayenne before and was given a budget of $1500. Too much, I spent less than $500 on the 2way on the van.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:42 AM
radrcanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
i'm trying the 2011 today and it is definitely not anywhere close to the 2010
Sorry to revive an old thread - need to get some info on remote start for manual tranny 957. Thanks :-)

JBONDOx,

Thanks for your posts in the remote start forum! I found the info very useful and informative. I'm an ex-installer, but after a a few years I ended up going a different route with my career.

I still love to tinker with automotive electronics, and enjoy tackling a creative new way to use my existing autos and electronics.

Anyway, long story short, I recently purchased a 2008 Cayenne GTS with the Manual transmission. I know it is possible to install remote start in these suv's but with the manual transmission, it may be more difficult. Some more insight from you would be awesome.

What equipment, bypasses, etc would I need?
Really, I don't need anything crazy, but either smartstart or a 2way long range system would be ideal, just so I get start confirmation.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards, Am
Toronto, ON, Canada