Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Octane boosters, anyone tried before?

Old 01-18-2015, 06:43 PM
TT VIPER will become famous soon enough
By the way the UK and European 95 octane is 91 octane US, EU 97 octane is 93 octane US. Just different marketing.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
The 91 was ethanol free but good luck finding any. You can do a search on puregas.org

The Ethanol in our gas is a purely political "feel good" move. Should see better mileage with ethanol free gas too.

I have a place about 30 miles from me that sells ethanol free gas but it is spendy. I use in my 308 because it has aluminum tanks and rubber fuel lines. Ethanol tears that kind of stuff up especially if it sits like that car does.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jdubbya
The Ethanol in our gas is a purely political "feel good" move. Should see better mileage with ethanol free gas too.

I have a place about 30 miles from me that sells ethanol free gas but it is spendy. I use in my 308 because it has aluminum tanks and rubber fuel lines. Ethanol tears that kind of stuff up especially if it sits like that car does.
sounds like you're on the right track. Many people confuse methanol with ethanol in the properties are quite different. I'm pretty sure that on the Cayenne, the only difference you would see in performance would be purely from the computer advance on ignition. The boost maps are going to stay the same. Provided I can get somebody to tune for it, I'm shooting for using e85.it's all over Texas.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:31 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr. Haney
sounds like you're on the right track. Many people confuse methanol with ethanol in the properties are quite different. I'm pretty sure that on the Cayenne, the only difference you would see in performance would be purely from the computer advance on ignition. The boost maps are going to stay the same. Provided I can get somebody to tune for it, I'm shooting for using e85.it's all over Texas.
Yeah e85 seems to be catching on in performance circles. From what I understand it helps keep the fuel charge cooler sort of like injecting meth or water. I know the "tuner" crowd is using more.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Drk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the roughDrk Knight is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT VIPER
You can also do your own race gas with injecting methanol or methanol/water mix.
Yea I researched it heavily and will probably install come spring time, I just wanted to see if there is a SOP feel running higher octane fuels.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 PM
hahnmgh63 is on a distinguished road
Gio 1, in N. America we use (R+M/2) to achieve a PON (Pump Octane Number) and your 99 is RON. Your RON of 99 would be a PON (AKI Index) of 93 in N. America which is comparable to the best standard Premium pump fuel we can get here.