Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Do you have a Rattle in your Cayenne?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a Rattle in your Cayenne?

Please send me your contact information guys I want to bring this to Porsche attention and I know the person to send this to.

dritan at collider dot com

Subject:
Cayenne Ratle

Body:
Name:
Year and Model: Cs Ctt C
Phone Number
State

Lets try this guys

Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
cayenne418 is on a distinguished road
I have one major rattle that the dealership cannot find. Picked up an 08 in may and it has always been there. Sounds like steering column but they took it in the service area pulled the dash off and said it is down some tunnel in the middle by the adio or something... its going back in a few months and they are keeping it until it is found.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cayenne418
I have one major rattle that the dealership cannot find. Picked up an 08 in may and it has always been there. Sounds like steering column but they took it in the service area pulled the dash off and said it is down some tunnel in the middle by the adio or something... its going back in a few months and they are keeping it until it is found.
Send me a email you are one of many with the issue

Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
it is only at slow speed over bumps. just a quick little clunking sound that is momentary.

a passenger noticed it before i did.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
cobalt94T is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
it is only at slow speed over bumps. just a quick little clunking sound that is momentary.

a passenger noticed it before i did.
I have the same thing I am not sure but sounds like the sunroof cover bouncing or possibly something in the far back bumping around.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 AM
ACE76 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by globalm3
Please send me your contact information guys I want to bring this to Porsche attention and I know the person to send this to.

dritan at collider dot com

Subject:
Cayenne Ratle

Body:
Name:
Year and Model: Cs Ctt C
Phone Number
State

Lets try this guys
If the rattle you are talking about is from behind the dash, YES, I get it too...mostly, when I turn the truck off, it sometimes comes and doesn't stop either....I think it's something to do with the AC because when I turnm the air on and change the spots I want air to come from, it goes away....this may not be the rattle you guys are talking about. I have an 04 CTT.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Guys its coming from the same place but due to being in a closed area it sounds like its coming from diffrent areas to diffrent people.

Mine is over speed bumps at a slow speed. I take it fast its fine.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:58 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
I'm really surprised you guys are hearing rattles.....

I have (2) 12inch JL Audio W7's that put out 1000watts each and I still have ZERO rattles......

Hope you guys get it figured out!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77
I'm really surprised you guys are hearing rattles.....

I have (2) 12inch JL Audio W7's that put out 1000watts each and I still have ZERO rattles......

Hope you guys get it figured out!!!
TURN YOUR SYSTEM DOWN!!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by globalm3
Guys its coming from the same place but due to being in a closed area it sounds like its coming from diffrent areas to diffrent people.

Mine is over speed bumps at a slow speed. I take it fast its fine.

ditto to globalm3 - nothing to do with stopping car etc.

i hate rattles but to be honest this one really doesn't bother me.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
ditto to globalm3 - nothing to do with stopping car etc.

i hate rattles but to be honest this one really doesn't bother me.
I just drive with the radio on loud

Old 02-01-2016, 04:54 PM
thomasjtx is on a distinguished road
2016 cayenne

mine is only 10 days old 2016 model. It has the rattle sound from the right side of the dashboard. Its there most of the time, but not all the time.

Also, the driver side window has the whistle sound due to defective door gasket or wrong installation of the door.

In addition to these tow, headlights get foggy after heavy rain or car wash.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:35 AM
magnus911 is on a distinguished road
I have serious rattling in my 2008. Can't pinpoint it. Seems like the front suspension but that was all recently replaced by Porsche.