Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Question about Techart Magnum bodykit

Old 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
ooms is on a distinguished road
Question about Techart Magnum bodykit

I am thinking about buying a '05/'06 Cayenne. I don't have the need for the power of the turbo (ok, ok, i don't have the money...), but I just love the looks of the Techart Magnum bodykit. So, now my questions...
Is it possible to fit the Techart Magnum bodykit to a "regular" Cayenne? Or do you always need a Turbo front bumper?
Do you need to roll the fenders to make the bumpers fit?
Could someone give me a rough indication of the costs for just the exterior mods?
I live in the Netherlands. Does someone know where I can bring my car to do all this?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i know just the magnum kit is 25k plus installation and paint.
you are looking at 30k or so with out the wheels.
Tecart says it can't be done without the turbo spoiler. but i beg to differ.
A good shop can do it IMHO.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info so far! That's still a lot of money for me for just a bodykit...
Anybody else maybe? Or even better, somebody who has done this already...

Old 02-22-2008, 04:54 PM
TCM
TCM will become famous soon enough
You have to add the Turbo front spoiler to the car along with the kit for proper fitment. It is an extensive installtion procedure that isn't cheap. That being said, once done, it looks amazing. Hope this helps.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:02 PM
And does the Turbo front spoiler fit on a normal Cayenne? Or is it more wide than the normal one?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:41 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
It will fit.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Great, let's start with that then!

Last edited by ooms; 02-23-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
It fits and the dealership quoted me around 50,000 usd over here with paint,installation, exhaust,tips, 22" wheels, lowering model and other necessary requirements. I told them with that price I can buy a base boxster and use it as my weekend car. Try finding a 1st class/degree replica for a much cheaper price. I saw a replica Magnum over here and it doesnt look fishy when compared to the original TA magnum kit.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 AM
50,000 USD??!!?? That's insane! But what kind of replica kit should I look for (brand)? And what about the quality?

Thanks a lot already for all your answers!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ooms
50,000 USD??!!?? That's insane! But what kind of replica kit should I look for (brand)? And what about the quality?

Thanks a lot already for all your answers!
I am not really sure , checkout ebay.com

Old 02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I couldn't find anything on ebay at this moment...

What would be good pricing for a replica kit?

Old 02-24-2008, 01:42 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Dont waste time. You can get bodykit for about 12000 euro net from Techart directly, hood, pipes, lights screens, spacers - all extra. Good Poland made replica with PU parts cost about same, Latvia made all fiberglass products looks like a s##t. Also you need TUV sertified spacers as I know, so where you will get ones 38 - 43 mm with TUV? Also Hood should be only original carbon baken, fiberglass fake is real s##t! Anycase The main Q here is should be good bodyshop, to fix all parts propertly, and experienced in composite materials painting. I think 6000 Euro should be minimal price for painting and assembly works.
Magnum kit fix ok on S, look for special article number on TA website.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:24 PM
hblocal is on a distinguished road
Here is an alternative to getting a stock turbo front bumper. can't say much for the quality and fitment though..it is still an ebay product but looks good nonetheless.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/955-C...9971QQtcZphoto

Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
ACE76 is on a distinguished road
hblocal, I was just going to link that seller's site...they are a good shop and you can bargain prices even further...they are willing to sell me that front bumper for $1200 shipped...they also have a replica Techart Magnum kit for $13,000. I never tried to bargain the price for that body kit though.

Anyone who is interested in their products, go to:

www.myprojectcars.com

Old 02-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Xtremeview is on a distinguished road
I still dont understand how they get away with such prices! it is really insane. I have been looking for a kit for my 04 Cayenne S, but starting give up! Anyone have some links or tips on where to get reasonable prices?

Even the simple headlight trim for a more aggresive look cost $250+ ouch

Maybe i need a mustang that alows me to mod a million things for the price of one thing on my porsche!

Last edited by Xtremeview; 02-25-2008 at 05:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about Techart Magnum bodykit