Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:23 AM
jiossifi is on a distinguished road
Lowering Cayenne S

I have a 2005 Cayenne s and I am looking to lower it. The kits from H&R or Eibach only lower the vehicle by a little over an inch. Is this enough? I have a lot of space between my wheels and wheel wells. My experience from lowering other vehicles was that a little over an inch was barely noticable. Can anyone please advise? Also what spring manufactures might I also look at and the costs associated with install.
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Not going to be much of a difference. The only way to lower it the right way without PASM(AIR) is to use Coilovers. KW's have them.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 AM
emm2wc is on a distinguished road
Definitely go for KW coilovers. It not only gives the look, more imortantly it provides better handling.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:26 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
I think they have the KW v3 for PC's. does anyone know how it feels with those intalled? better handlling I guess is normal, but does improve also the bumpy feeling that you have right now, or its worst?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by stealthTT
I think they have the KW v3 for PC's. does anyone know how it feels with those intalled? better handlling I guess is normal, but does improve also the bumpy feeling that you have right now, or its worst?
Actually, I have the KW V3 installed on my '08 Cayenne a couple of months back. The car can attack corner at higher speed with minimum body roll. As the bound and rebound are fully adjustable, the ride is much comfortable than the stock setup, especially in the rear axial.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by emm2wc
Actually, I have the KW V3 installed on my '08 Cayenne a couple of months back. The car can attack corner at higher speed with minimum body roll. As the bound and rebound are fully adjustable, the ride is much comfortable than the stock setup, especially in the rear axial.
this is a very good info, cause many coillover sistems will get you a bumpy ride which isnt confortable, for a car that it is not a track car. Many peoples from different forums with different cars are running these V3 models, and many are saying that these are very good, and way better than others producers have. For instance my other ride has a coilover system from Tein, and i can tell you that it ain't a confortable ride at all compared to what I have read about the V3. could you take some pictures of them installed? what about clearance? have you had any issues when installed them? and the last thing is: do they come with camber plates or they are designed to use the stock mounting plates (which you would have to remove from the stock suspension) ?
Funny, you might get us the first review on the KW v3 on Cayenne, cause afaik I havent read any review about how those works on Cayenne.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
KW has always been good about valving the right settings to the car and just making a coilover the same for all. If I didn't have AIR I would have gone for these and a set of Turbo/GTS sways and call it a day. I think it would be as good as the GTS in a corner. I am not sure if as good with PDDC but perhaps comparable.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
didn't knew that the GTS/Turbo have different sways.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Hsiang613 is on a distinguished road
i have springs for sale if ur interested...

Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Victor Li is on a distinguished road
I am also looking forward to lower my 2009 Cayenne. But only changing the spring will not be good enough as it will only lower for 1 or 2 inches. But since my car is a brand new vehicle. I am still wondering if I should lower it by spring / coilovers

Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by stealthTT
this is a very good info, cause many coillover sistems will get you a bumpy ride which isnt confortable, for a car that it is not a track car. Many peoples from different forums with different cars are running these V3 models, and many are saying that these are very good, and way better than others producers have. For instance my other ride has a coilover system from Tein, and i can tell you that it ain't a confortable ride at all compared to what I have read about the V3. could you take some pictures of them installed? what about clearance? have you had any issues when installed them? and the last thing is: do they come with camber plates or they are designed to use the stock mounting plates (which you would have to remove from the stock suspension) ?
Funny, you might get us the first review on the KW v3 on Cayenne, cause afaik I havent read any review about how those works on Cayenne.
The installation was straight on, and will retain the the original camber plates. FYI I don't think the ride height is much an issue here, the KW V3 allows 35mm~70mm height adjustment on top of its physical size. The stand along KW coilover is about 6cm shorter than the Cayenne stock shock, so it allows you really drop the pepper.

I have not tested the Cayenne's air suspensions nor the GTS steel spring setup, I cannot comment their handling. To me, one of the main advantages of using KW V3 is the wide range bound and rebound adjustments to anyone's like. The pro tuned the setup well suited to my 20" rim/tyre combo, and he manipulated similar ride comfort to my in law's new Cayenne (22" Techart) as well. He commented the setup is as comfort as the air suspension, and handles par if not better than it. However, you can go off-road with the air suspension, but I doubt there is much clearance for the KW. If price is not an issue, KW V3 is a good choice to consider.

Attached Images      
Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
KW has always been good about valving the right settings to the car and just making a coilover the same for all. If I didn't have AIR I would have gone for these and a set of Turbo/GTS sways and call it a day. I think it would be as good as the GTS in a corner. I am not sure if as good with PDDC but perhaps comparable.
Did not know Turbo/GTS use different sways. Are they different to the one on baby Cayenne?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
I've used techart springs(made by Eibach) on my older Cayenne S.. it handles very well, but not very forgiving for the rear passengers..LOL Was going with Kw's at the time, but I upgraded to the Turbo..

Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I know from the older models the S has smaller sways than the Turbos and I am sure the updated models are not different. I will check on the parts to make 100% sure but I am curious as to this feature. I am into my car for a lot cheaper than most people were but I am not about to take a bath to get into a GTS. I was going to sell the CS but still debating. I go back and forth everyday. I just do not want to be like Alex How many Cayenne's have you been through?

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 09-22-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I know from the older models the S has smaller sways than the Turbos and I am sure the updated models are not different. I will check on the parts to make 100% sure but I am curious as to this feature. I am into my car for a lot cheaper than most people where but I am not about to take a bath to get into a GTS. I was going to sell the CS but still debating. I go back and forth everyday. I just do not want to be like Alex How many Cayenne's have you been through?

This is only my second one...

this year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Cayenne S