Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A S/C KIT FOR YOUR NA V8 CAYENNE?
YES
82.22%
NO
17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carl Fausett
Thats the plan. Thats the same way we engineer all of our kits.

Please have a look at our installation instructions - they are very comprehensive. Most of our kits are installed by the owners of the car themselves.
Awesome, yeah sorry about that, I noticed it after I had posted. I move quickly, what can I say?

How long would production take for you? What kind of price point are we looking at?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Carl Fausett is on a distinguished road
If we have to make our own balanced crankshaft pulley (like our 928 kits) then the development process takes more time and the kit will be more expensive.

If we can re-route an existing serpentine belt (like our 968 kits) then everything is cheaper.

I cannot say yet which way the Cayenne would go. And of course there is the V6 and the V8 Cayenne....

I can say our kit will make use of a centrifugal supercharger (its what we do) and will be engineered for a non-invase installation. That is - no permanent mods to the car or engine need be made. A true external bolt-on kit.

We typically start with Stage I (low boost, low cost, not intercooled) and then add a Stage II kist later (intercooled, moderate boost levels).

If you look at the kits we make now, our supercharger kits tend to be $5000 to $8000 and I dont (yet) see any reason why this would be different.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:45 PM
If we have to make our own balanced crankshaft pulley (like our 928 kits) then the development process takes more time and the kit will be more expensive.

If we can re-route an existing serpentine belt (like our 968 kits) then everything is cheaper.

I cannot say yet which way the Cayenne would go. And of course there is the V6 and the V8 Cayenne....

I can say our kit will make use of a centrifugal supercharger (its what we do) and will be engineered for a non-invase installation. That is - no permanent mods to the car or engine need be made. A true external bolt-on kit.

We typically start with Stage I (low boost, low cost, not intercooled) and then add a Stage II kist later (intercooled, moderate boost levels).

If you look at the kits we make now, our supercharger kits tend to be $5000 to $8000 and I dont (yet) see any reason why this would be different.
With the above being said, count me in. I would even venture to say that if your shop was in Denver, I'd let you use mine as a test vehicle.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm going to need someone to drop off their NA Cayenne for 60-90 days...

Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Would love to, but its my daily driver and I only own two cars, the wife would shoot me at close range without thinking if I took her car.

You don't happen to have a loaner car do you?

Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Sorry, no. Just sold the MB 450 SL, and your not going to get my 560HP 928. And I'm dumping my wifes 2007 VW Beetle the moment I can. No loaners.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry, no. Just sold the MB 450 SL, and your not going to get my 560HP 928. And I'm dumping my wifes 2007 VW Beetle the moment I can. No loaners.
Do you have number I can reach you at?

Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 PM
We are at 920-485-0928

Our contact info is here:

http://www.928motorsports.com/contact.html

Old 11-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Hmmm, Supercharged Cayenne GTS
*Goes shopping for another GTS

Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about

I am considering making a SC kit for the V6 and V8 Cayenne.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Carl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXAgf...eature=related install on youtube.

On board and subscribed to this post !

Last edited by cordsig79; 11-05-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:55 PM
dubl07 is on a distinguished road
How about an aftermarket turbo setup...like canberk said...for those who bought an s and now regret not getting the turbo...how hard would it be to buy the turbo settup from porsche and installing it on an s...the ecu would prob be available from porsche too...now I'm no mechanic but does someone who knows what there doin think this is possible..or has it ever been done attempted..?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
PLEASE STOP TORMENTING ME SO !!!!! I have dreamed of a day where someone would say " Can be done" and right the wrong I made in passing on a turbo. PMing you.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Subscribed

Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 AM
medtech is on a distinguished road
Yes!!

Carl,

As an owner of both V6 (sold) and V8 (current) 2006 cayennes, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

The V6 NEEDED a supercharger, bad. The power, although best in it's class, was woefully inadequate for such a heavy car. I hated it, and that's the only reason I sold it.

The V8 is great. I really don't need more power, though it would certainly add to the fun factor.

About 3-4 years ago there was a company in Irvine (VF-Engineering??) who was looking for a mule. They were only offering a 30% discount to keep my car for 90 days, so I passed. They eventually abandoned the project. The question is why??

I think part of the problem is the cost. By the time you get the thing bought and installed, I'd imagine it's going to be around $10 grand. At that point, you might as well trade in your NA and get a used Turbo.

Good luck. I sure hope you do it. I would be very cool to have a Supercharged Cayenne!

Old 11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I agree with the cost part. In the end it needs to hit the sweet spot which is probably around $5 - 6K. You can easily uptick to a used turbo (at least with the 955s) for $10K getting free air suspension, alacantra headliner and a full leather dash to boot.

Concerning the power comment - Umm, who does not need more? If they made a 1000HP cayenne I probably be eyeballin it now.

One other benefit, Superchargers and Turbos dont really behave the same and preferbaly, I would take the SC for a more controllable track day (No - nothing and then - POW - like with a turbo).

Originally Posted by medtech
Carl,

As an owner of both V6 (sold) and V8 (current) 2006 cayennes, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

The V6 NEEDED a supercharger, bad. The power, although best in it's class, was woefully inadequate for such a heavy car. I hated it, and that's the only reason I sold it.

The V8 is great. I really don't need more power, though it would certainly add to the fun factor.

About 3-4 years ago there was a company in Irvine (VF-Engineering??) who was looking for a mule. They were only offering a 30% discount to keep my car for 90 days, so I passed. They eventually abandoned the project. The question is why??

I think part of the problem is the cost. By the time you get the thing bought and installed, I'd imagine it's going to be around $10 grand. At that point, you might as well trade in your NA and get a used Turbo.

Good luck. I sure hope you do it. I would be very cool to have a Supercharged Cayenne!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NA V8 Cayenne Supercharger KIT - YES or NOT