Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Effects of wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 PM
mstlc03 is on a distinguished road
Effects of wheel spacers?

Hi Everyone, just bought my wife an 09 Cayenne V6. Love that new PCM 3.0 Nav . Anyway, the car came w/ 18" Turbo wheels but just doesn't look right. I'm interested in putting on spacers to push it out further to get that aggressive look. However, have a few questions, what will the spacers do to the ride quality?? Also, any suggestions for the thickness of the spacer to use?? Appreciate any advice!!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
it wont affect ride quality at all, it'll perhaps give you better handling though

Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I've heard it would stress the wheel bearing but that might be just rumor.... My Cayenne S came with 20x10 wheels on the rear so I don't plan to get the spacers but I put 20mm & 12mm H&R wheel spacers on my bimmer.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks guys! Any recommendations on what thickness to use for these 18" wheels? Thx!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
In my opinion, 18" wheels will look worse with spacers, the first step should be to get bigger wheels with thicker tires (at least 295), then do the spacers. Spacers go best with the sport technos i think...

Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
bigdog is on a distinguished road
anybody have pics of the 20" sport techno's wit spacers on there pepper???

Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik will become famous soon enoughKrafTechnik will become famous soon enough
Make sure that when you do go for spacers, you spend the extra for a reputable forged set. There are cheaper versions on ebay that are prone to cracking and while they are cheaper, you can end up with serious safety and performance issues due to cracked spacers. I would look into the H&R TRACK+ Spacers, this is what we carry and recommend to give the wheels a more aggressive look. They are forged and built for race and street applications so you can be assured they will be more than adequate for daily use.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Thank you very much for the advice

Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 PM
christx997 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pcst
I've heard it would stress the wheel bearing but that might be just rumor.... My Cayenne S came with 20x10 wheels on the rear so I don't plan to get the spacers but I put 20mm & 12mm H&R wheel spacers on my bimmer.
heard the samething about the wheel bearings wearing out.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 PM
bbj 512 is on a distinguished road
2009 997 4s interior smell

My girlfriend and I went to a porsche dealer today to check out the new 997 4S PDK. She said the interior had a strong smell and I told her it was the new car smell. She said no it is stronger than a new car smell, so I sat in the car again and she was right the smell was very strong. We have owned both porsches and ferraris and never have smelled a new car interior like that before.We sat in two other new 997's and they had the same smell. Immediately after, she felt her sinuses and throat burning. I would be very interested to know if anyone has experienced this or has information about the smell. Especially anyone who has bought a new 997.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by bbj 512
My girlfriend and I went to a porsche dealer today to check out the new 997 4S PDK. She said the interior had a strong smell and I told her it was the new car smell. She said no it is stronger than a new car smell, so I sat in the car again and she was right the smell was very strong. We have owned both porsches and ferraris and never have smelled a new car interior like that before.We sat in two other new 997's and they had the same smell. Immediately after, she felt her sinuses and throat burning. I would be very interested to know if anyone has experienced this or has information about the smell. Especially anyone who has bought a new 997.
Hello buddy,

It's obvious you are new to this forum, or more likely you're new to any forums on the internet. The idea is, you need to create a new topic if you want to discuss something which is not related to current thread. To do so, just hit New Topic button when you are at the related forum's front page. To go to 997 4S forum, CLICK HERE.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 AM
So going back to the wheel spacer topic, regarding potential bearing issue, doesn't Porsche sell a set of spacers for the 17" wheels??? I saw it in their catalog...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:42 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mstlc03
So going back to the wheel spacer topic, regarding potential bearing issue, doesn't Porsche sell a set of spacers for the 17" wheels??? I saw it in their catalog...

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, I guess Porsche made their bearings on the rear strong enough so that it can handle the spacers(?)

I would call your local Porsche dealer service adviser to find out more.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by pcst
Yes, I was thinking the same thing, I guess Porsche made their bearings on the rear strong enough so that it can handle the spacers(?)

I would call your local Porsche dealer service adviser to find out more.
Service guys know nothing about anything...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, at least Porsche would honor the factory warranty as long as you install the Porsche OEM wheel spacers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Effects of wheel spacers?