Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hyperboost HX Diverter Valves installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
a little oil from blow by is totally normal.

If it was dripping out or something then you might have an issue.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:13 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by jenner
a little oil from blow by is totally normal.

If it was dripping out or something then you might have an issue.
Thanks. No leaks, just a little oil coating the bottom of the hose... The DV's really do make a difference....Thanks again for your write up. It was a real help.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I figured I'd add some to the thread as I'm adding APR DVs to mine. I started with the driver's side and did leave the wheel liner on. I took a big flat-blade screwdriver up to rotate the upper clamp on the DV so some long needle nose pliers could grab it. The needle nose I used are pretty stout and not the usual small ones in most tool kits. I replaced the top clamp with a screw-type clamp. Bottom was easy with channel locks so I re-used it.
As far as oil in the hose, I had a lot. It poured out, not dripped out. I was pretty surprised to see that much with just 50k miles on it. It was probably enough to fill up the cap of spray paint can. Oddly enough when cleaning out the intercooler there was almost no oil in it.
I'll do the passenger side later as I had to stop for rain (garage is being used by another vehicle at the moment).

Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Holy back from the dead

Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Holy back from the dead
agreed ! DV's still great in my truck...70K mileage so far.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:30 AM
weedoz is on a distinguished road
cooool mate
any vedio you've got??
if no pls take a vedio and publish it!

Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
mja305 is on a distinguished road
funny I also had a little oil on my line

Originally Posted by rockitman
Jenner:

On the driver side dv replace, did you notice a little oil in the intercooler hose when you removed it to gain access to the DV ?
Just wondering if that's normal...
<><><><><><<><><><><<><><><><

Taking it in to the dealer to get checked out not sure what that oil could be.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:49 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
so what are the gains/difference with these? Any difference without an ecu flash?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 PM
mja305 is on a distinguished road
I did the Upsolute flash on my 06 CTT but I can't really say 100% if it is worth it because I think I'm leaking boost from my DV.that's the reason for my replacement. I can tell you that right of the bat the boost gauge went from .6 to 8 and then some. And I do feel a little more pull but not like other turbo cars that I had. I'm hoping it's the DV because my boost sort of cuts off. The guys at Upsolute where super nice. Excuse my gram I'm typing from a phone :-)

Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NeilM
so what are the gains/difference with these? Any difference without an ecu flash?
I put mine on before the flash and it made no difference. It's just insurance so that when the boost levels increase you don't leak any of it back into the inlet system.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:40 PM
heypete is on a distinguished road
maintenance

Bringing this thread back...

Is there any maintenance required with the Hyperboost DVs? I chipped my 06 Turbo and bought the Hyperboost DVs but have not installed them yet... I've read on other forums that DVs need to be re-greased every 6 months or so

Old 03-14-2011, 11:07 AM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
Good luck with the install. I did my mafs and dvs today. not an easy job. I think it was a blind man who designed the cayenne

Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 PM
diesel2fast4u is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by paulmc
Good luck with the install. I did my mafs and dvs today. not an easy job. I think it was a blind man who designed the cayenne
You cleaned the MAFS or replaced them?
Difference?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
paulmc is on a distinguished road
All done today. New mafs and Dv's, bit of a mare of a job. Wife is away with the car but from what I have heard so far, it is smooooth as silk. Will report back more shortly once I have had a play in it.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Old thread, but I figured I would add my 2 cents to this to keep everything in one place. I just replaced my diverter valves. Passenger side is easy with the wheel liner removed. No need to remove the wheel liner on the drivers side. I found that taking out the aluminum clamp that holds the sway bar gave me a ton more room. Still finicky, but easier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyperboost HX Diverter Valves installed