Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hyperboost HX Diverter Valves installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
How are you determining that you are at 0.8 bar of boost? The stock gauge is pegged at that even though I am at 1.2 bar.

If you are losing boost, then I suggest putting a small zip tie around the 6mm vacuum line that activates the boost valve.
You are right, I really don't know. It's running right up around pegging at .8 but I don't think it's getting to the level it was before. Then it is quickly fading back down though. I should be running at or above 1 bar and before installing these valves it would quickly peg the needle and stay there.

Frustrating!! I'll try the zip tie tonight before swapping the old valves back in to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the idea.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:34 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
And the good news is I'm becoming an expert on swapping DV's out. If anyone local needs some help let me know!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Well I tie-wrapped off the vacuum lines and no discernible difference. No time to swap them tonight but I will try tomorrow night. I tried getting a video but I don't have anything to hold the phone. It really isn't even getting up to .8 anymore and then it is dropping back to between .6 and .7 pretty quickly while still at WOT.

The driver's side lower hose was pretty soft. Are there any alternatives to the factory hoses out there?