Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 AM
rsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud ofrsa964 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by trovan
For 2011, if you press and hold the lock on your key, the mirrors will fold.
I wish that worked on my 2008.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM
PaulW is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread and I know most/all of these things are in the owner's manual but I forget them sometimes as I don't use all of them that often. But here are a couple:
1) On the right side of the steering column there is a little round button that if you toggle it in, it will rais up the steering wheel and slide back the seat when you take turn off the engine to make it easier to get in and out (if your C has the memory seat option).
2) If you turn your turn signal on (left or right) after you take out your key it will keep the parking lights on for whichever side you indicated as a safety precaution if you're temporarily parked on the street at night and don't want to be hit. I guess you can turn on the hazards instead but this feature doesn't blink them and just lights up one side (its a European thing that I had on my Maserati years ago and just found it on my C GTS).

Old 06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
955 steering is adjustable and telescopes in and out...i drive mine all the way down and smashed back.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
For those who need/want more cargo space in the form of a roof cargo box, and wish to use the Porsche Roof Transport System (sold by our very own Suncoast for $399 http://www.suncoastparts.com/categor...roofracks.html), I found out that Thule cargo boxes DO INDEED FIT onto the Porsche Roof Transport System.

I really wanted to use the Porsche roof racks for their sleek design that goes so well with the car's design. You could easily use aftermarket racks if you wanted to, but I opted not to.

The Porsche Roof Transport System mounts perfectly and the feet key into the car's roof's built in "rail/slot" system which is nice that Porsche built that into every Cayenne's roof

I've read that Thule boxes have clamps that aren't wide enough to fit over the factory racks, but i've also read that they will fit. I went to REI to buy the Thule Atlantis 2100XT to give it a try. As it turns out, the 'jaws' of the clamp are flexible enough so that you can splay them out to clear the horizontal bars of the rack. As someone on another forum described, you must angle the cargo box so that the one jaw can slip over, then maneuver the box to get the other jaw on. It's hard to explain but trust me, it will fit, but it just takes some finessing It's possible to install solo, but much easier to do with two people. the 2100xt is a big boy. after the box is sitting on the racks, just tighten down the ***** inside the box to secure the clamp jaws tight. so i have the racks mounted pretty forward so that the box sits forward, to allow the hatchback to open. the box does protrude over the windshield, but not a whole lot. it looks pretty natural, despite being so far forward.

I was convinced that having the racks and cargo box would kill my gas mileage, but my calculations show no depreciation. racks alone with no box also show no difference. when the moonroof is open/cracked, I can hear the box squeaking, even tho all of the clamps are tight. small issue for the added function. Glad I stuck with the factory rack, it works well with the car, and even has little cayenne sihouettes to notate which way is forward

Old 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
Oh, thanks to cordsig79 and your sig photo (with roof racks) for reminding me that I was going to post this info

Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by baloney
Oh, thanks to cordsig79 and your sig photo (with roof racks) for reminding me that I was going to post this info
very helpful idea from you as well...my Cayenne I hope to keep forever and collect as many accessories as possible, great to know the rack fits, adjustment specs, and price!!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my contribution that hasn't been listed yet. I know this applies to the 957 atleast, not sure about 955 or 958:

1) You can set the maximum height that the tailgate door will raise. This is helpful if you are opening the rear door inside of the garage. If your garage has a low-height ceiling, this is helpful to ensure you do hit anything. Check your owner's manual on how to program this value.

2) If you have air suspension, you can "lock" in the ride height for the truck by turning off "regulation". Just hold the level button up for 10 secs (the same procedure to unlock).

This is helpful if you need to need roll under the truck for a quick look to make sure everything is okay. Or when running in deep snow and needing all the ground clearance you can. Without this, the vehicle will try to lower back down after a certain speed to decrease the risk of a rollover, so USE CAUTIOUSLY when driving.

3) The doors automatically lock when in gear. If your passenger wishes to exit the vehicle before it is in park, just simply have them pull on the handle twice in quick succession (first time will not open.. guessing for children).

4) The 12V outlets stay on even when the vehicle is off. So if your significant other has a cell phone battery that is dying and you guys need to run in the store, feel free to plug it in and stash it in the glove box. When you return, the phone will be partially charged and can be used.

5) If you have air suspension, each wheel has a weight sensor. This is important because the truck is always adjusting the height per corner automatically to remain completely level.

This is helpful when hauling around hefty boys and gals.

Funny if you ever saw a Taurus leaning in the rear and peer into the window to see several chucky folks inside

This wont happen here.

More useful when towing to make sure truck isn't off level.

6) This isn't a hidden feature, but should be. You can remove the front headlights with just loosing 1 bolt (silly germans)! The tool is in the rear next to the spare. Just loosen the bolt and the headlight "pops" out 2-3 inches. Just grab it and disconnect 1 harness to remove.

You can then replace the bulbs as needed.

Do not pay any labor for a headlight bulb change on this model.

7) This also isn't a hidden feature, but is cool. The body of the Cayenne 955/957 (not sure about the 3rd-gen) is double Galvanized-dipped to protect against rust. Ever wonder why so many of those under-body images online do not have severe oxidation like other cars? This is why.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
EasternLI is on a distinguished road
not sure if its been mentioned but on the 958 Cayenne there is a small compartment below the driver and front passenger seat which is just discovered yesterday.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Here is my contribution that hasn't been listed yet. I know this applies to the 957 atleast, not sure about 955 or 958:

1) You can set the maximum height that the tailgate door will raise. This is helpful if you are opening the rear door inside of the garage. If your garage has a low-height ceiling, this is helpful to ensure you do hit anything. Check your owner's manual on how to program this value.

2) If you have air suspension, you can "lock" in the ride height for the truck by turning off "regulation". Just hold the level button up for 10 secs (the same procedure to unlock).

This is helpful if you need to need roll under the truck for a quick look to make sure everything is okay. Or when running in deep snow and needing all the ground clearance you can. Without this, the vehicle will try to lower back down after a certain speed to decrease the risk of a rollover, so USE CAUTIOUSLY when driving.

3) The doors automatically lock when in gear. If your passenger wishes to exit the vehicle before it is in park, just simply have them pull on the handle twice in quick succession (first time will not open.. guessing for children).

4) The 12V outlets stay on even when the vehicle is off. So if your significant other has a cell phone battery that is dying and you guys need to run in the store, feel free to plug it in and stash it in the glove box. When you return, the phone will be partially charged and can be used.

5) If you have air suspension, each wheel has a weight sensor. This is important because the truck is always adjusting the height per corner automatically to remain completely level.

This is helpful when hauling around hefty boys and gals.

Funny if you ever saw a Taurus leaning in the rear and peer into the window to see several chucky folks inside

This wont happen here.

More useful when towing to make sure truck isn't off level.

6) This isn't a hidden feature, but should be. You can remove the front headlights with just loosing 1 bolt (silly germans)! The tool is in the rear next to the spare. Just loosen the bolt and the headlight "pops" out 2-3 inches. Just grab it and disconnect 1 harness to remove.

You can then replace the bulbs as needed.

Do not pay any labor for a headlight bulb change on this model.

7) This also isn't a hidden feature, but is cool. The body of the Cayenne 955/957 (not sure about the 3rd-gen) is double Galvanized-dipped to protect against rust. Ever wonder why so many of those under-body images online do not have severe oxidation like other cars? This is why.
GREAT POST Renaissance.Man, and Welcome!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pepper
GREAT POST Renaissance.Man, and Welcome!
Thanks! Glad to be here.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:50 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I didn't see it mentioned but when in reverse the cornering lights switch to lighting up opposite of the way the steering wheel is turned so that you can see if you're about to hit something with the front o the car when parallel parking, etc.

Small thing but a neat little feature that is easy to overlook.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
gtlimer is on a distinguished road
This is a great thread! I've learned alot reading this.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really nice
If two wheels on the same side of the car are suspended while car is jacked up, the doors lock. And if you try to start it in this position, the alarm goes off.
I guess if you are driving on 2 wheels, it locks you in.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
porschesurgeon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nlakind
ok..so i JUST picked up my CS a week ago yesterday & I've been trying to figure it all out, the above post is a big one for me because i went to starbucks over the weekend, left my dog in the car, got about 20ft. away & the alarm started going off, i thought i hit the panic button, i go back over to the car, turn the alarm off, & head for my coffee again, same thing, 20ft. away, alarm goes off. at this point i realize it's because of the movement inside so i decided to test something out, i took my pup from the cabin & put him in the trunk area & voilla, no alarm!

but it would be nice to be able to keep him in the cabin once in a while, i looked for the buttons on the b-pillar to turn this sensor off & couldn't find anything
button is illuminated, drivers side pillar at the bottom. its hard to tell if you pressed it or not.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Do 2004 CTT come with spare tires???

Originally Posted by skier
If you have air suspension, you have a hose with psi readout that connects under the front passenger seat. Besides fillng up your spare, you can easily use it to fill up bike, er stroller tires as well.....
I just picked up a 04 CTT and it does not have a spare tire. I asked the service guy and he stated they did not come with a spare, only an inflation kit. That true? Everything else looks to be there. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...