Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:30 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Not necessarily a cool thing I suppose but I found something out the other night. Parked at a buddies house and as I exited there was a solid beep like the lights were on. The lights were off and I couldn't get it to stop. It was light out when I got there.

It was dark when I left and I noticed a bulb on in the headlight. Apparently I had hit the turn signal as I pulled in their driveway and the cornering light was still on. Never knew it would do that.

So the car was smart enough to tell me something was up but not quite smart enough to tell me what it was.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Sc00ter is on a distinguished road
"not quite smart"? Just to clarify things ,you or the car?
The car, does tell you on the dash what it is....
Check it out

And if you still can't find it, look for "parking light on".

Old 07-06-2015, 10:42 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sc00ter
"not quite smart"? Just to clarify things ,you or the car?
The car, does tell you on the dash what it is....
Check it out

And if you still can't find it, look for "parking light on".
And I'm telling you that, even after looking again just 'cause you said so, there is nothing on the dash at all. Just a solid beep. But thanks for helping.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
DRL in the USA

You can ask for the dealer to turn on daytime running lights...2008 & after. Many countries wisely require them. Just had mine done and dealer didn't even know about it.

I believe in 2009 it is also added as an option in the menu. Check it out, turn them on, and be much less likely to be pulled in front of! Be safe.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:24 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Juanna Knowtrooth
You can ask for the dealer to turn on daytime running lights...2008 & after. Many countries wisely require them. Just had mine done and dealer didn't even know about it.

I believe in 2009 it is also added as an option in the menu. Check it out, turn them on, and be much less likely to be pulled in front of! Be safe.
My 2006 has it as a menu option.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jdubbya
And I'm telling you that, even after looking again just 'cause you said so, there is nothing on the dash at all. Just a solid beep. But thanks for helping.
I had the same thing happen to me with the wife's Cayenne, it was daytime though and not as easy to see.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 PM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Not sure I read this...but here we go :
If you press 'REST" button (different loction for "11+) after key removed from ignition , the hot air will still push for about 25 minutes.
On the "11+, this feature works with the A/C too.
So if it is too hot or too cold outisde, and you do a little stop, this could be very usefull.

Where is this button on the 958?

Last edited by westsiderkg; 03-17-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:16 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by westsiderkg
It's in the manual. I believe it's press the AUTO button drivers side for about 15 seconds.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Oh, and on the 958 - if you have rear AC/HEAT - you can control that from the front. Press the AUTO button on the passengers side for about 15 seconds.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:57 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NorthVan
If you are towing a trailer and the car is locked (alarmed), and the trailer electrical is unplugged, the alarm will go off.
Good to know!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Oh, and on the 958 - if you have rear AC/HEAT - you can control that from the front. Press the AUTO button on the passengers side for about 15 seconds.
On my 955 there is a button to switch between front and rear control. It's the one shaped like the car right about in the middle below the auto button.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:19 PM
zonnie is on a distinguished road
hey all,

quick question for 08 cs - when using the arrow keys on the steering wheel it allows me to switch to the next track if using CD.

However on radio, when I click the arrow it goes to the next radio station. I want it to go to the next pre-set radio station that I've stored in the numbers section. ie. 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 ect. instead of scanning the next radio station.

any thoughts?

Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Not sure I read this...but here we go :
If you press 'REST" button (different loction for "11+) after key removed from ignition , the hot air will still push for about 25 minutes.
On the "11+, this feature works with the A/C too.
So if it is too hot or too cold outisde, and you do a little stop, this could be very usefull.
Originally Posted by westsiderkg

So wouldn't you know it, I've had my '05 CTT for over 2 years now. I saw in the manual where it's a separate button for the rest feature and mine didn't have that button. (I think it's all the way to the right on the controls.) Well the other day I was looking at the "AUTO" button and there is miniscule writing under the word "AUTO". I'll be damned if it doesn't say "rest" in tiny little letters. Apparently if you have 4 zone climate control like I do this is the way they did it. If you have 2 zone climate then it will have a separate button.

Two friggin years and I never noticed what those tiny little letters said. Oh, and no it won't run the A/C on my old one, but even just running the fan on a hot day, which is really all "rest" does, keeps it a bit cooler if it's sitting in the sun.

Go figure!! Can't wait till this winter when I can use it when running into the store or something!!

Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Jduddya, wait until you spot the tiny letters on the passenger side "auto" button. They spell out "rear" on 4 zone equipped Cayennes. Press and hold for about 5 seconds and you can control the rear system from the front.

It's right in your owners manual..

Old 07-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Jduddya, wait until you spot the tiny letters on the passenger side "auto" button. They spell out "rear" on 4 zone equipped Cayennes. Press and hold for about 5 seconds and you can control the rear system from the front.

It's right in your owners manual..
On mine at least there is only one auto button. But there is a car shaped button that lets me switch between front and rear control. But I figured that out a while back.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...