Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
Smile That under the armrest beneath the rubber tray lies a tool to remove the hex screws

found out today those are the only screws holding the entire console cover.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:23 PM
ClutchnThrottle is on a distinguished road
There is a mini visor just forward of the overhead interior lights and just in front of the rearview mirror. Its used to block the glare of the lights at night for the rear view mirror. Very clever.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Smile In the glovebox there is a pen holder or maybe used for a tire guage,

I bought mine with it empty so can only speculate what it holds.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:00 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Pepper
I bought mine with it empty so can only speculate what it holds.
mine came emptieed as well. you can easily fit a thin pen in it which has been very useful when i need it.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 AM
skier is on a distinguished road
If you have air suspension, you have a hose with psi readout that connects under the front passenger seat. Besides fillng up your spare, you can easily use it to fill up bike, er stroller tires as well.....

Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 AM
PorscheSalesAtl is on a distinguished road
Don't forget the "Rest" button on the Climate controls, perfect for keeping the chill out of your Cayenne if your running into a store, office etc... for a short time.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM
KIKO09 is on a distinguished road
Rear glass

There is a switch under the rear hatch wiper mount to open the rear glass.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 PM
doctorjj is on a distinguished road
There is a little light under the rearview mirror that lights up the dash so you can see to adjust the vents and other controls.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by doctorjj
There is a little light under the rearview mirror that lights up the dash so you can see to adjust the vents and other controls.
Ah yes...mood lighting

Here is mine...the V6 is doggy

Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Road Runner is on a distinguished road
There are two additional 12 volt outlets under the glove box area!

The nav/sound system can be turned on even with the key not inserted!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Behnampch is on a distinguished road
Do you know how to turn this light off/on? Is it supposed to stay on at all times?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:33 AM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
Hold the "Auto" button to switch to "Mono" mode. Now driver/passenger temperatures will both change when you change the temp.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
doctorjj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Behnampch
Do you know how to turn this light off/on? Is it supposed to stay on at all times?
I don't know how to turn it off. I think it's on any time the headlights are on, but I'm not sure. It is a very low level light, just enough so you can see to operate the controls. In fact, I didn't even know that it was there until I rode in the passenger seat the other day. While driving, I just used the controls without even thinking about why I could see them and how they were lit.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 PM
PorscheSalesAtl is on a distinguished road
mood lighting

I don't know how to turn it off. I think it's on any time the headlights are on, but I'm not sure. It is a very low level light, just enough so you can see to operate the controls. In fact, I didn't even know that it was there until I rode in the passenger seat the other day. While driving, I just used the controls without even thinking about why I could see them and how they were lit.
If you have the Light Comfort Package "Auto on/off headlights you have mood lighting in your foot wells, rear floor and front and rear armrests. The switch is up by the driver map light it has a little triangle on it and is next to the map light on and off switch. When its dark out, headlights on, simply hold the button down until you see light in all locations. I have found most people that have this option don't know about it. Helps you not feel like your driving a cave

Old 12-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheSalesAtl
If you have the Light Comfort Package "Auto on/off headlights you have mood lighting in your foot wells, rear floor and front and rear armrests. The switch is up by the driver map light it has a little triangle on it and is next to the map light on and off switch. When its dark out, headlights on, simply hold the button down until you see light in all locations. I have found most people that have this option don't know about it. Helps you not feel like your driving a cave
I LOVE having that option, it makes you feel at home in your car, it's not distracting at all, as in it's description "comfort lighting"! (especially if she has nice legs)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...