Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
Pressing the blinker and letting up (before the click) makes it flash 3 times. Works great for switching lanes.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
pct2005 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pepper
Absolutely, turn the auto button off, light should be off and fan control will be independent of each other. As a footnote, you can control the rear passengers temperatures and fan this way too if so equipped.
My auto button is off, it's not in mono mode, I've turned ac off by pushing econo and I can still only adjust driver / passenger temps independently but the fans speeds adjust the same still. I'm going to RTFM right now and see if I can figure this out

Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
pct2005 is on a distinguished road
ok I rtfm'd the manual and found nothing about individual air "quantity" adjustment, only that its dual

Old 01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
acasshmoney is on a distinguished road
i think you have to purchase the 4 zone climate control and we only have dual

Old 01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Polar993
It took me 3 months to figure out that the rear window opened!!! LOL!
lol me too but two weeks.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
alland is on a distinguished road
As has already been noted the steering wheel buttons can be opperated from the front or back (pushed or pulled). Until a long trip over the weekend I had been usure of the purpose but I think I have it figured out (you may be way ahead of me). If you grip the wheel with hands at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions you can comfortably rest your fingers (all 8) on the backs of these buttons in a similar way as your fingers rest on the keys of your computer keyboard. You can then opperate all the functions (answer phone calls, change stations, switch to satelite/input, adjust volume, etc) without ever having to take you eyes off the road. Once you've played with it a bit it becomes second nature just like finding the keys on your keyboard. Hope this is helpful.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:50 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alland
As has already been noted the steering wheel buttons can be opperated from the front or back (pushed or pulled). Until a long trip over the weekend I had been usure of the purpose but I think I have it figured out (you may be way ahead of me). If you grip the wheel with hands at the 4 and 8 o'clock positions you can comfortably rest your fingers (all 8) on the backs of these buttons in a similar way as your fingers rest on the keys of your computer keyboard. You can then opperate all the functions (answer phone calls, change stations, switch to satelite/input, adjust volume, etc) without ever having to take you eyes off the road. Once you've played with it a bit it becomes second nature just like finding the keys on your keyboard. Hope this is helpful.
WOW, after 3 years I never knew that! I would of never scratched up the face buttons if I would of known?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
If the side mirror control button is turned to the passenger mirror, when you put the shift lever in reverse the passenger mirror will turn downward to see the ground area when backing up,then return to normal position when driving, the mirror can be programmed how far to turn down with a similar seat memory position function described in the manual.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
so far I haven't seen anything that hasn't been in the manual(s) - you guys DO read all your manuals right?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM
WayneE is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zmw
so far I haven't seen anything that hasn't been in the manual(s) - you guys DO read all your manuals right?

When I buy a new car, I put the manual in the bathroom next to my home office. After a couple trips, I've made it through the whole thing.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WayneE
When I buy a new car, I put the manual in the bathroom next to my home office. After a couple trips, I've made it through the whole thing.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:14 PM
alland is on a distinguished road
Abundance of sun visors

As already noted there is the extra sun visor in the centre.... but there are also two sun visors where there are usually only one for the driver (haven't checked for the passenger but i assume the same). One visor can be angled over to shield from sun coming in through the side window while the other one, which is tucked away underneath, can be folded down for sun coming in from the front.... very helpful for those twisty roads on your way home at sunset. This is one well thought out vehicle if anyone still has doupts. Great thread and contrary to one of the previous comments, several bits of info listed were not in the manual and the rest is a great review for those of us who did not memorize it yet

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
This is more of a trick then a tip. For 03 - 06 C's, while in most any gear and driving less than 80 mph, if you let off the gas (or are just breathing on the pedal) and then quickly tap the pedal, the c downshifts automatically. I am not sure if my sprint booster is allowing me just to give the light tap though. On a C with no sprint booster it might be more than a few mm tap
Keep in mind I am talking a "tap" so please no one say " yeah dumb A$$, that's the way the tranny works when you mash the pedal". I love it as it's like using the thumb shifters without actually touching them.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
the rear view mirror has an electrophotochromatic dimmer. there's a button under the green light that turns it on and off. when the light is green, it's on (dimmed), when the light is out, it's off (full bright). i never have it off, especially with all the crazy kids and their billion degree blue light special headlights. but i suppose if you're backing up a long driveway with obstacles, you'd want it off.

having window fogging issues? i notice i do too if i have either of the recirculating air buttons on. toggle through the switches to turn both the manual and auto lights off. this setting is the fresh air setting.

a couple of issues related to previous tips:

-when releasing the gas cap, the lid barely pops out... about 1/8 of an inch, so that i have to pry it open with my finger tips. anyone else have this issue? you'd expect the lid to spring out more robustly for easier access. also, my plastic gas cap 'lanyard' or chord is sorta screwy... it's doesn't hang over the hook very well.

-when sitting in the driver's seat, the seat back doesn't recline to my preset position. is this normal or is my memory function for the seat back broken? all other settings are returned to the correct position.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Pepper will become famous soon enough
-when releasing the gas cap, the lid barely pops out... about 1/8 of an inch, so that i have to pry it open with my finger tips. anyone else have this issue? you'd expect the lid to spring out more robustly for easier access. also, my plastic gas cap 'lanyard' or chord is sorta screwy... it's doesn't hang over the hook very well.
I can answer 2 of your questions. The gas cap door has a metal clip that acts as the spring that pops it open further (mine opens fully now) here's what I did, I cleaned the area real good, hinges door surround, removed any wax residue. Then massaged in some WD40 wherever metal touches metal and bent the clip to give it spring action. Made sure the release was well lubricated as well.

To get your lanyard cord unscrewy, simply take a hairdryer and stretch and massage the cord back to its original position. Be careful remnents of your wifes hair is not in your dryer and sparks up when turning it on at your gas tank!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...