Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:30 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BamaScoot
That's correct. And I looked for the sensor thing around my rear view mirror and couldn't find it. Ugh.
You will see it just under the mirror if you are looking from outside the car.

Not my picture, but this is what you should see....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	482322_10151577322110996_30102495_n.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	398372  
Old 08-05-2014, 03:04 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BamaScoot
That's correct. And I looked for the sensor thing around my rear view mirror and couldn't find it. Ugh.
Wow I feel a little more special now. lol. Good luck to both of you finding the switches and sensors and what nots

Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Back for an update. The part took a while to get but this time the "auto" headlight switch I got was the correct one and it works just fine. Lights come on in the dark and go out in the light. Cool!

Here is the correct one... Porsche part # 955613235036N3 I picked it up at ECS...http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1453842/

Pretty cheap upgrade if you ask me. It really was plug and play!!

Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
OK, not really a cool thing perhaps but I noticed the other night that the speedo will actually show speed in reverse. I just never noticed that.

Also can anyone tell me why I can't seem to keep the interior sonar off. I go into the menu...and turn it off but next time I go to lock the car with my dogs inside it starts going off again. Yeah, I know pushing the button twice shuts it off too but sometimes I must not be hitting it twice. Just frustrating!

Old 10-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
...and turn it off but next time I go to lock the car with my dogs inside it starts going off again.

Why are you locking your dogs in the car???

Old 10-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by gh0stman
Why are you locking your dogs in the car???
Cause I don't want someone to come along and start singing....who let the dogs out....

Old 10-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Sc00ter is on a distinguished road
OK, not really a cool thing perhaps but I noticed the other night that the speedo will actually show speed in reverse. I just never noticed that.

Also can anyone tell me why I can't seem to keep the interior sonar off. I go into the menu...and turn it off but next time I go to lock the car with my dogs inside it starts going off again. Yeah, I know pushing the button twice shuts it off too but sometimes I must not be hitting it twice. Just frustrating!
Because most probably you have memory seats and every time you deactivate and not save the new settings, it goes back to the old/previous one.
So next time, after you deactivate if from the menu, just save the new setting. And there you are .

Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sc00ter
Because most probably you have memory seats and every time you deactivate and not save the new settings, it goes back to the old/previous one.
So next time, after you deactivate if from the menu, just save the new setting. And there you are .
So change it in the menu then save the seat setting? I'll play with it some more and see if I can figure it out.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:39 PM
So change it in the menu then save the seat setting? I'll play with it some more and see if I can figure it out.
Exactly.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Cursed_ is on a distinguished road
hey guys,

great thread, just purchased a 04 CTT beautiful car, just wondering, is there anyway to sit in the car and not lock it but have the lights go off?
interior lights remain on till you lock the car, lock it with people inside and the alarm goes crazy, I've read how to stop the alarm from going off, but just wondering if theres any other way to have the lights quick switch off also..

Old 12-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Cursed_
hey guys,

great thread, just purchased a 04 CTT beautiful car, just wondering, is there anyway to sit in the car and not lock it but have the lights go off?
interior lights remain on till you lock the car, lock it with people inside and the alarm goes crazy, I've read how to stop the alarm from going off, but just wondering if theres any other way to have the lights quick switch off also..
Welcome to the club!! Not sure if there is a way to shut the lights off quicker or not. You can try looking around in the menu but I don't remember seeing anything about that.

I just noticed something the other day and was going to add it to this thread. Not sure if they all have it but I just noticed a Porsche script sticker just below the third brake light. The tint on the back window is dark enough you can't even see it in normal light.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:53 AM
Welcome to the club!! Not sure if there is a way to shut the lights off quicker or not. You can try looking around in the menu but I don't remember seeing anything about that.

I just noticed something the other day and was going to add it to this thread. Not sure if they all have it but I just noticed a Porsche script sticker just below the third brake light. The tint on the back window is dark enough you can't even see it in normal light.

I would believe they all do. Mine has one.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cursed_
hey guys,

Lol , yes!
Leave any door open but the driver's and lock the car with the remote.

Alarm won't start and lights will be off

Old 12-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by Sc00ter
Lol , yes!
Leave any door open but the driver's and lock the car with the remote.

Alarm won't start and lights will be off
If I do that with mine I have about 15 seconds before the alarm goes off, Found that out while getting the family out at walmart.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:23 PM
RKD in OKC is on a distinguished road
One of the switches on in front to the sun roof **** will turn off all the interior lights.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your Cayenne...