Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2005 Cayenne Turbo Air Filter Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
is.deleon is on a distinguished road
2005 Cayenne Turbo Air Filter Install

Hey guys, I recently did an air filter change on my 2005 Cayenne Turbo, here's a link to the process in case you guys are interested.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...filter-change/

I didn't take that long, but I did go crazy for a little bit when I couldn't get the passenger side air filter out...

Attached Images  

Last edited by is.deleon; 04-03-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
Wow... those filters were DIRTY!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I just bought the CTT and decided to do the regular maintenance. Good thing because the air filters were pretty dirty... I also changed the ignition coils and the spark plugs. I read in here that a common problem is that the ignition coils tend to crack, and after my check engine light came on (misfiring in cyl 4), I decided to change all 8 coils. All my coils where cracked, so thanks guys for the advice. Next in the list is to change the coolant lines to aluminum, hopefully they don't give out before I change them...

Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Munch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud of
Mind me asking where you sourced your new coils?

TIA

Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 AM
I got them new from suncoastparts.com, I've dealt with them a couple of times now and they're pretty good. Even when they don't show something in their website, they can usually get it, I know, I've ordered a couple of clips and bolts from them too. I also recently ordered the coolant pipe kit, they went out on me unexpectedly...

Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
nice write up

Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by cuemaster
nice write up

thanks, the whole process was way easier than i thought, just like the brakes...

Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Munch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud ofMunch has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info. Are you replacing your pipes yourself?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:09 PM
DID I replace the pipes myself?... it happened about 2 months ago, I should've done it myself and saved time and money . I just didn't want to deal with it at the time, but it looks like something I could've done and should've done. I've seen other people do it themselves in a couple different forums...

Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by is.deleon
Hey guys, I recently did an air filter change on my 2005 Cayenne Turbo, here's a link to the process in case you guys are interested.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...filter-change/

I didn't take that long, but I did go crazy for a little bit when I couldn't get the passenger side air filter out...
Cool.. and I believe EVOMS has a step by step on their site as well for the intake. We have one for the bypass pipes.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
garukun is on a distinguished road
Sorry to revive an old thread, I believe I'm in the same shoes with you on removing the passenger side air filter box. Problem with mine is the evap hose in the rear of the box, it doesn't like to come off. And I believe the original link is dead, do you have this write up somewhere else handy?

Old 01-31-2016, 07:42 AM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by garukun
Sorry to revive an old thread, I believe I'm in the same shoes with you on removing the passenger side air filter box. Problem with mine is the evap hose in the rear of the box, it doesn't like to come off. And I believe the original link is dead, do you have this write up somewhere else handy?
I made this video on how to change out the air filters on a Cayenne Turbo (955). Hope it helps.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Innkeeper411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will someone please explain to me how to remove the air suspension line from the passenger side air filter box. DIY Dan did it with 2 fingers while holding a camera. I spent 1 1/2 hours trying to figure it out, then realized that he didn't have a Turbo S and the connector is not the same. ANY help is appreciated. I Have 1 BMC filter and 1 stock filter now until I figure this out.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:07 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Innkeeper411
Will someone please explain to me how to remove the air suspension line from the passenger side air filter box. DIY Dan did it with 2 fingers while holding a camera. I spent 1 1/2 hours trying to figure it out, then realized that he didn't have a Turbo S and the connector is not the same. ANY help is appreciated. I Have 1 BMC filter and 1 stock filter now until I figure this out.

Mine was broken that is why it came off so easily. A commenter posted this. Hope it helps.

"I'd only add that the air tube for the suspension won't not just pull off when the green locking cap is in place. If its there, twist a screwdriver blade in the notch of the green cap to pop it loose, then push the locking collar towards the tube to remove the air tube. Also be careful that the spring clip for the overflow hose doesn't fall off the Pass Side cover rim and get lost."

Old 06-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Innkeeper411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the quick response. I popped off the green cap. After that, I need to push the part closest to the green cap towards the tube while holding the tube? Is that correct. It is late and I am not able to try. I just wanted to clarify so that I don't get frustrated again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Cayenne Turbo Air Filter Install