Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
I only used on the outside to ensure it was clean; However, my contacts were pretty clean. In my case, it was just loose connectivity issues.

Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Thank you. I appreciate your input.

Last edited by RobsCountach; 02-06-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: edit wording
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
I only used on the outside to ensure it was clean; However, my contacts were pretty clean. In my case, it was just loose connectivity issues.

Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Thank you. I appreciate your input.
Ok, thanks. How's this for crazy? Drove my pepper today and the rear sensors worked about 80% of the time. I played around with it off an on. I def think it's a connection issue that driving effects (with bumps, etc.). Didn't get a chance to take it apart today. SuperBowl and all. I'll update after I do and what my results are. Thanks again! I appreciate your help. Go Steelers!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:50 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by art@rmeuropean
My sensors freak out when there is ice or snow on them. Does anyone else have the same issue? It is pretty annoying to shut the system off every time you restart the car.
Same here, but I am just happy I can turn them off. would be uber pissed if we couldn't shut them off at all!!

Old 05-08-2016, 04:13 PM
CaptainDave is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Cayenne Parking Sensor Problem

I have a front bumper parking sensor just right of center that is stuck on. It happened during a rainstorm so I am sure the connection needs cleaning. I turned the parking assist off, but it still makes the tone whenever I go into reverse, of when I am stopped. It is really irritating.

Where are the connectors and how do you get behind the bumper. I have done just about all the work on my BMW's, but am new to Porsche. There is a big undertray hiding everything behind the bumper.

Also, is there any good shop manual for the Cayenne?

Old 05-09-2016, 12:39 PM
zonnie is on a distinguished road
my front parking sensors have been going off for no reason. I have washed and cleaned the car but that has not resolved the issue. the rear ones work fine but the front parking sensors keeps going off intermittently.

even if i turn off the sensors i still need to turn it on when reversing.

can someone help?

Old 05-09-2016, 08:27 PM
I am sure it is a bad connection in the plug to the wiring harness. I am going to take the front shell off tomorrow and clean the connectors. I'll let you know how it works out.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 AM
I took all the bolts and clips off of the front shell yesterday to try to get to the faulty park assist, but I don't know how to get the edges loose around the fender wells. Anyone have any experience pulling that front shell to get at the Park assist sensors. I have been told that using a heat gun along the edge helps to get the shell off.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CaptainDave
I took all the bolts and clips off of the front shell yesterday to try to get to the faulty park assist, but I don't know how to get the edges loose around the fender wells. Anyone have any experience pulling that front shell to get at the Park assist sensors. I have been told that using a heat gun along the edge helps to get the shell off.

If you are talking about taking the front bumper cover off here is a good how-to...http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...er_Removal.htm

Old 05-14-2016, 09:08 AM
You saved the day. Searched with every know combination of words and this never came up. I even contacted Pelican Parts and they didn't inform me of this article. i see now that the shell needs to be pulled out of the fender well liner.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2016, 09:15 AM
I also looks like I may not need to take the shell completely off. I am certain that I only need to clean the connectors for the park assist that is staying on every time it rains. After I get it done, I'll post again.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 PM
ahh found the fix!

my front parking sensors were going crazy at random times. Just the fronts..

Indy asked if I had license plate bracket on..I did from the dealer.

Indy said the front sensors are extremely sensitive..i was like huh? the license plate bracket is so thin and hugs the plate pretty tight what difference would it make?

I took it off and my front sensors are now normal and in perfect working condition!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
You saved the day. Searched with every know combination of words and this never came up. I even contacted Pelican Parts and they didn't inform me of this article. i see now that the shell needs to be pulled out of the fender well liner.

Thanks

Glad to help.

I also looks like I may not need to take the shell completely off. I am certain that I only need to clean the connectors for the park assist that is staying on every time it rains. After I get it done, I'll post again.

I was going to ask that but I haven't looked that closely at it. I know on a turbo the grills all just pop in and out too. Not sure if you can reach them from there though?!?

Originally Posted by zonnie
ahh found the fix!

Indy said the front sensors are extremely sensitive..i was like huh? the license plate bracket is so thin and hugs the plate pretty tight what difference would it make?

I took it off and my front sensors are now normal and in perfect working condition!

That seems pretty odd. I have found that I have an issue with the fronts at some stoplights. At a couple intersections in particular the front sensors will turn the middle lights to red. Not light up the whole bar of lights red, just the center two. I am totally guessing but I think it's either bumps in the road at these intersections or it's the traffic light inductive loop system fouling it up somehow. Always thought it was odd.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:53 AM
alpesh26 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zonnie
ahh found the fix!

Which lights were coming on before you took off the plate bracket? The left one on my car keeps sticking on at random times, but I think this is more of a dirty/loose connection rather than the licence plate bracket.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 AM
i was kinda skeptical when indy suggested it may have been license plate bracket as the bracket is so thin that hugs the license plate... but sure enough when they took it off the parking sensors never went off again. they said it is very common and the sensors on the cayenne are extremely sensitive.

i mean its so easy to take off the license plate bracket literally like 30 seconds. you should try it. no harm..

Old 05-23-2016, 10:54 PM
alpesh26 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I'll give it a go over the weekend. I did notice yesterday that when I turn left at a slow speed the left sensor seems to go off even when there is nothing near it. I'll rule out the licence plate thing, if not, its going to be a bumper off job to sort it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Parking Sensors