Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Check Direction Indicators ? But...They Work

Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Check Direction Indicators ? But...They Work

Hey Folks,
Anybody else get this message; However, the front & rear both work. Also, the 'clicker/indicator' is double-speed, which is typical with a bad bulb changing the resistance, but again... no lights out.

Its intermittent - of course.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
skydiver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Hey Folks,
Anybody else get this message; However, the front & rear both work. Also, the 'clicker/indicator' is double-speed, which is typical with a bad bulb changing the resistance, but again... no lights out.

Its intermittent - of course.
I have had this happen. Turns out the connector on the back of the tail light had a bit of corroding on it. Cleaned it with some sand paper and contact spray, replaced both side bulbs just in case and never had the problem since...

Old 10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
cmoore1 is on a distinguished road
My 06S did the same-"check direction indicators", always the left side & double speed indicator-but every time I checked both front and back lights were working ok. Finally the front light didn't work so assumed it was the bulb-changed the bulb-still didn't work. Found the culprit to be corosion on the tabs where the bulb holder connects to the housing. A little fine sandpaper on the contact tabs and it's been working fine for months.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
Similarly, just removing and repalcing the bulbs cured the problematic contact. I guess the newer LEDs eliminate this.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gr8ful
Similarly, just removing and repalcing the bulbs cured the problematic contact. I guess the newer LEDs eliminate this.
Not necessarily, I doubt that the new Porsches have all LED lights. I don't know for sure, but from what I have seen, most manufacturers that have turned to LED lighting still use halogen bulbs in some of the lenses thus they are prone to corrode and produce the "check whatever indicator" light.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
The new LED lights also have their own unique sort of problems when they get a little older.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bigbuzuki
The new LED lights also have their own unique sort of problems when they get a little older.
Yeah they do actually. I have had problems with LED 3rd brake lights on two cars now. Eventually it seems the solder joints from the LED to the circuit board they are soldered to begin to age and break thus causing intermittent operation and strobing. Looks bad and its expensive because often you have to replace the whole assembly unless your experienced and can repair those sort of things.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Zuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enoughZuffenhausen955 will become famous soon enough
Mine started doing it too.....but, only when the left flasher is running more than 30 seconds. How hard is it to check front/rear connectors?