Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

January Builds Allocated Yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
January Builds Allocated Yet?

I put a deposit on a January build back in September and dealer doesn't even have an allocation yet! Anyone have a january build and have their order in already?

Anyone hear any news on this months allocations?

Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I have been looking for an allocation, but nothing until March...

Old 11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
I just put a order in 2 weeks ago here in So Cal and the dealer told me that it would be a January build but no word yet on the allocation.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
No build allocation slots available yet for Jan 2011 for a couple of dealers within 160 mile radius from my home. For the CTT it may be even worse.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
So do we deduce from this that Porsche is controlling the amount of units they build - like the "old days" - and somewhat protect the resale on these down the road. I found that with my 997.2 Turbo I had to wait for my car 5 months and now reading this on the Cayenne. My CTT is to arrive just before Christmas...and my dealer says he could sell it three times - which of course, I tend not to believe him...but maybe this time...

Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
George718 is on a distinguished road
Why would Porsche put the re-sale value before volume? You'd think they would want to speed up production...especially during these times.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:06 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Got a call from my dealer today stating that they can't get my order by the date promised (02/11) so I can have my deposit back if I want (I had them put this in my contract) or if I stay with the order the car will be here June/July.

I had them cancel the order and refund my deposit simply because by June/July I'm hoping there will be more than enough CS at dealerships and I can negotiate a better discount...

Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
Got a call from my dealer today stating that they can't get my order by the date promised (02/11) so I can have my deposit back if I want (I had them put this in my contract) or if I stay with the order the car will be here June/July.

I had them cancel the order and refund my deposit simply because by June/July I'm hoping there will be more than enough CS at dealerships and I can negotiate a better discount...
wow that sucks! What was their reason? Why did it jump from February all the way to June? Is your deale a volume dealer? I checked in today and was told that allocations for January builds have not been made yet.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:03 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
We are on back order at the moment and aside from what we have in stock everything incoming is sold until the next allocations that are given out in January.
Thats pretty much what happened, but maybe my disclaimer in the contract got them second thinking...

Either way no big deal. I'll continue my search and maybe find a better deal soon!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
C4SxM5, I agree with you..no sweat on this matter and good job on that contract and now the cancellation of your order. As long as you don't have too many must have options on the checklist (unlike me) you will be fine (or actually better of) to just wait and get something on the lot for maybe close to a 8 to 10% discount. I foresee quite a few well optioned Cayennes in the next month or two (already am seeing it listed as soon to come on dealer websites). If you have any particular combo/options in mind, let me know I can be on the lookout too.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4SxM5

Wow June/July!? I wonder how many dealers this is affecting? My dealer in So Cal told me that my build date should be in January but now I'm not sure if that will happen.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
C4SxM5, I agree with you..no sweat on this matter and good job on that contract and now the cancellation of your order. As long as you don't have too many must have options on the checklist (unlike me) you will be fine (or actually better of) to just wait and get something on the lot for maybe close to a 8 to 10% discount. I foresee quite a few well optioned Cayennes in the next month or two (already am seeing it listed as soon to come on dealer websites). If you have any particular combo/options in mind, let me know I can be on the lookout too.
Option list attached. The MRS can live with either Black or White exterior. If we can get a dealer to commit to a no later than Feb delivery date and match or beat 6.5% off MSRP I'll send over a deposit

Attached Files
Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM
My dealer is gauranteeing (sp?) he will get me a January build. This is however my 2nd Cayenne and 3rd vehicle from thi dealer. He better be right because the wait is killing me!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
donovanmp is on a distinguished road
You guys must be talking about Turbo/S allocation 'cause I walked into dealer this week and got an allocation for December build... alas the 6cyl!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by donovanmp
You guys must be talking about Turbo/S allocation 'cause I walked into dealer this week and got an allocation for December build... alas the 6cyl!
Yes we are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: January Builds Allocated Yet?