Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Diverter Valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:39 PM
snzuloz is on a distinguished road
Diverter Valves

Who makes the best diverter valves? I have a 2004 CTT and looking at upgrading the valves. There are so many available, some are like stock that are greased some are piston style, aluminum, plastic, etc. Looking for feedback on what works best for these Cayenne Turbo's. Any feedback is appreciated, only want to buy the best setup and be hassle free down the road, Thanks, Troy.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
CTTinTO is on a distinguished road
I've done similar searches and asked similar questions but its difficult to pinpoint which DV is best.

The volume of CTT's that have replaced/upgraded DV's is still rather low so its difficult to pick the "best".

I would say that anything billet is going to be better or more reliable than the stock plastic ones.

Having said that, the best "deal" seems to be from suncoast auto parts which sell the evo's for $259 for the pair.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...Code=955ttperf

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
I'm thinking abotu going with the APR R1's. A buddy of mine who works for Black Forest Industries had this to say about them:

The main advangages with the R1 are several:

First, it is a sealed unit - with the piston style valves you will have to take them out and grease the piston periodically, which with the apr diaphragm is not necessary.

Second, with the diaphragm design comes better control over boost levels simply by adjusting throttle position - the piston style are either open or closed, but the diaphragm can be "feathered", it makes for a feeling of more control while driving.

And third is the design of the APR lower housing - most diverter valves are machined from bar stock, and for that reason they aren't the most efficient at flowing air out when open, the cast bottom end along with the diaphragm makes for a quicker reacting valve vs a piston which has hard edges internally and more mass than the diaphragm.

...I'll probably get them in the near future.