Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Final Cayenne S '11 Configuration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:44 AM
willy_jo is on a distinguished road
Final Cayenne S '11 Configuration

Just placed my order in Dubai for the '11 Cayenne S... January build, expected delivery in Feb. Thank you all for your valuable insights...I have made a lot of changes on my initial build based on information shared in this forum, here is my final build -

Jet Black Metallic
Espresso/Cognac full leather
Deletion of model designation
Stainless steel font and rear apron
Roof rails including roof mouldings: matt aluminium look
Sports Exhaust system (highly polished aluminium)
Reversing camera including PartAssist front and rear
PDCC
PTV Plus
100 litres fuel tank
21-inch 911 Turbo II wheel with Wheel Arch Extension
Floor mats
Multi-function steering
Non-smoker package
14-way power seat with memory package
Soft ruffled leather seats (natural leather)
Light comfort package
HomeLink garage door opener
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear
Natural olive wood interior package
Preparation for mobile phone
Compass display

Standard options for the Cayenne S in Dubai include -

Porsche Entry and Drive
Privacy glass
Bose Surround Sound System
Porsche Dynamic Light System
PASM with air suspension

ps - My bro placed the order for me and he said that he saw a cayenne s in the showroom with the cognac/espresso interior... and it was absolutely gorgeous.. best interior by far. Could not get pics unfortunately.

Thoughts/comments?

Thanks

Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, what is there to comment. I'm loving your very well optioned Cayenne. I see that I was able to convince you on the PDCC/PTV but not the Burm...that's okay. You have an awesome build.

My suggestions/questions:

1. Add rear side airbags.
2. Why 14 and not 18-way seats ?
3. How about ditching the skid plates, Porsche crest, compass display, Porsche entry and
drive and sports exhaust for the burmester.
4. Isnt having the privacy glass and the sport exhaust counter-productive ?
5. The soft ruffled look leather makes it feel "lexusy" in my opinion, do you like that look ?

You bro is killing us...can he take his camera and shoot some pics of the espr/cogn interior if it is not too much to ask. You live down under and the vehicle is ordered in Dubai ?? Care to explain.

You did very well Willy_Jo.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
willy_jo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Wow, what is there to comment. I'm loving your very well optioned Cayenne. I see that I was able to convince you on the PDCC/PTV but not the Burm...that's okay. You have an awesome build.

My suggestions/questions:

1. Add rear side airbags.
2. Why 14 and not 18-way seats ?
3. How about ditching the skid plates, Porsche crest, compass display, Porsche entry and
drive and sports exhaust for the burmester.
4. Isnt having the privacy glass and the sport exhaust counter-productive ?
5. The soft ruffled look leather makes it feel "lexusy" in my opinion, do you like that look ?

You bro is killing us...can he take his camera and shoot some pics of the
espr/cogn interior if it is not too much to ask. You live down under and the vehicle is ordered in Dubai ?? Care to explain.

You did very well Willy_Jo.
Thanks Woot. I actually ditched the Burmester and went for PTV, Porsche crest and compass instead. I'll be listening to mp3s on the iPod mostly so figured the Bose system should do. I think the stainless steel plates and also the sports exhaust looks really good on the new Cayenne.. love it. Rear air bags and Porsche entry and drive are standard options. I thought about lane change assistant as well but my bro has it in his car and says that it is not really useful because you end up doing head checks anyway. I found the 18 way seats to be a bit uncomfortable... intrusive side bolsters.. and i somehow like the look and feel of the ruffled natural leather. My bro lives in a different city from the showroom so it's a tough ask will try. And finally, I will be moving to Dubai soon, the family is already there. Works well for me.. here the Cayenne S base price is 160k Aussie dollars which is on par with the US dollar. Insane!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:41 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Nice explanation. I agree the stainless steel skid plates do make it look good.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:45 PM
horfun is on a distinguished road
hi willy_jo

u still got it easy in australia. i just placed an order for a cayenne S for my wife in singapore total cost is sgd$370k. medium spec......