Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Epresso/cognac

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 02:14 PM
CCarson is on a distinguished road
Epresso/cognac

Anyone see it yet? How would it go with jet black? And is pdcc & Ptv a must? Of course many will say yes, but in the real world will it make driving more fun?

It's not the $$ its trying to find a car on lot with the right options. Who initially ordered these things?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
welcome.

1st thing search is your friend you'll find alot of those answers that way.

2nd, both the pdcc and ptc are options that WILL make driving more fun.
Are they 100% required, some say yes, I say no. BUT great options to have. My 2008 GTS has the pdcc and the one on order will have both.

3rd just order one. what model, cayenne, s, hybrid, turbo?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Looking at turbo's with pano roof. Coming from an x5 you get to like the open feeling. As for ordering- I may have to.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6speed. I can confidently say that no one in the USA has seen or photographed an espresso/cognac interior. I have searched dealer sites all over the world and am yet to see one. I love the feel of natural leather and it does age well over time. Hence I am going with it. Cognac is not everyone cup of tea if you know what I mean. Check some dealer sites on the Panamera new car section and you will see cognac interior pics...it is the same color on the Cayenne.

Pana roof is great, I started a sperate thread with some pictures provided by a fellow 6speeder.

As Jace mentioned there are countless threads on PDCC/PTV...I have received a lot of criticism for suggesting these options for everyone seeking advice. I see these as a must for a performance oriented SUV like a Cayenne. PDCC will enhance the road handling/make it more agile, steering more responsiveand enhance occupant comfort with less lateral movement. PTV enhances agility and steering precision. You don't have to drive like madman to get the benefit of these two options. Just search for PDCC slalom on youtube. If you don't mind some bodyroll then you will be fine without PDCC.

One final point. I have never driven a Cayenne with these two options (hard to find one on the lot in a 200 mile radius). I will tell you one thing, everyone (well almost) who argued with me on these two performance upgrades have eventually gone with these two options on their final build
. Good luck. You will get your Cayenne with a better discount if you drive it off the lot rather than build one ... build allocations slots are far and few going by recent posts. I have a Dec build for a JBM/espr-cogn with PDCC and PTV on a CS.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
willy_jo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I will tell you one thing, everyone (well almost) who argued with me on these two performance upgrades have eventually gone with these two options on their final build
Very true

Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Will-jo, it is a pleasure to interact with and give advice to members like you who take the effort to recognize our efforts and post such messages. I have a full time job, but anything related to Porsche is my passion. I take the time to research and post my views on several topics related to 911, 997.2 and now the Cayenne which is still very new to me. Thank you. Hopefully I have not misguided you. We both will find out come Jan 2011.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the insight. You tend to get all caught up on what options and then when you go looking maybe it has one or the other but very few have everything you would like. At this price range you hate to compromise that much. Porsche is really keeping supply on these tight

Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Yes you would hate to compromise hence many here custom order. But I will tell you that it is easy to go bankrupt getting carried away & checking off every single option which may be enticing. Those who buy from the lot do get better discounts and it still puts no less of a smile when they get in and drive their Cayennes. It sure is nice to have stainless steel skid plates but really is it a must ? The chances are when u custom order a Cayenne it is hard to resist every single option.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-11-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
My CTT has been languishing in port for 11 days. It is Jet Black/Espresso/Cognac/Olive wood. If I ever get to take delivery I'll post pictures asap.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gammaman
My CTT has been languishing in port for 11 days. It is Jet Black/Espresso/Cognac/Olive wood. If I ever get to take delivery I'll post pictures asap.
That is the interior combo I am considering - would greatly appreciate pics of that

Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Matrix is on a distinguished road
on my 2008 Turbo i could not imagine not having PDCC.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
jesh is on a distinguished road
I ordered Jet Black with Cognac/Espresso and Walnut trim. It'll look sharp.

Too bad my build is January, so I can't help you anytime soon!!

Old 11-12-2010, 11:28 AM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
Anyone in MA should try to get a couple of photos.

http://westwood.porschedealer.com/ne...23717/info.php

Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Darn - I was there the other day getting my CTTS serviced

Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ManMachine
Anyone in MA should try to get a couple of photos.

http://westwood.porschedealer.com/ne...23717/info.php
will have soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.