Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Bose Sub Exposed

Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Bose Sub Exposed

For those of you with this option and that are curious what it looks like upside down, here it is. Like a kid the first time you turned a Horseshoe Crab over -

Well, now we know why its so useless. Its a 'paper' cone, that's mostly that weak foam surround...and all about 5" in diameter. I realize that a cabinet is a major part of a speaker design; however, this just won't work well. Probably won't give anything decent below 200hz.
And it sits beneath a carpeted floor with the 'port' aimed at the gas tank 10' behind us.

Since the Crossover points are integrated in the amp (the LITTLE box to the right), I may try an outboard Crossover... see what I can do. My fear is that HZ that this is capable of are probably not even output by the amp. Regardless, I'll setup a 'coil' with about 2.5mH to atleast cutout the lows it really can't do. Like everything else for this vehicle, store-bought items are crazy pricey...
BTW, the speaker is 1 Ohm.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
How cute!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
Im wondering if you replace the sub driver with a different 5" from some other manufacturer, would it hit any harder? Probably would be useless though considering the box is tuned specifically to this sub. Oh well.....

Old 11-12-2010, 05:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
With Bose you get what you pay for....with the BURM you get way more than what you pay for . But not everyone needs that "way more" I guess .