Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

December build... Ordered, allocated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:05 PM
donovanmp is on a distinguished road
December build... Ordered, allocated

Here's my December build, it's the V6 and it's going to be great for what I need! Can't wait, hoping for a late January delivery.

BOSEŽ Audio Package
Exterior Color J6 Jet Green Metallic
Interior Color MD Standard Interior in Platinum Grey
Exterior 3FU Panorama Roof System
5W1 Roof Transport System and Rails with
Moldings in Aluminum
Performance 0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank
Servotronic
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto
Start Stop Function
Wheels CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel
Wheel Accessories 1NP Wheel Hub Cover with Colored
Porsche Crest
HT0 Summer Performance Tires for 20"
Wheels
Interior 1ML Three-spoke Sports Steering Wheel
with Paddles
Heated Front Seats
Non-smoker Package
8-way power seats
Interior Leather AFX Floor Mats with Colored Logo and
Leather Surround
AFZ Personalized Loadspace Mat with
Leather Edging
Seat Centers Soft Ruffled Leather
Tow hitch

Old 11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
wincav is on a distinguished road
Nice build

The nice thing about Porsche is that you can build a vehicle to your wants. I always get a kick out of peoples option priorities. What I like, others may not, etc.. You are the first I've seen ordering the Green metallic paint. Should be nice. I ordered my V6 a couple weeks ago as well. Perhaps our Cayenne's will be ship-mates.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I totally agree. Reading through the individual preferences is interesting, to each his own! That's what I like about the forum is sharing the owner experience with others. About the green, I have always wanted that color in a vehicle and just never have, till now. I have not seen anyone else talk about it either and I haven't seen a single photo online of that color. I think it's going to be sharp with the platinum interior. I consulted panatone swatch to help me decide between the black and grey with the green... Platinum won!

Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations from another 6speeder with a Dec build. I got 5% off. Did you get a discount. I have posted a couple of pics of JGM Cayenne. I like it.

Attached Images   
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Niiiice

I like it! And with the spyder wheels... I haven't talked yet about the 'deal' because I have a trade in Cayenne and will lease. All the factors, except the MSRP, will change... Tradein amount (affects sales tax), money factor, residual, driveoff, etc. I wanted to be able to take everything into account when negotiating and didn't want the rep to say, well you already got a discount! Might backfire but I'll find out soon enough.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I was going to forward the same photos. Regarding the discount, I got about 4% from msrp. I fell I could have gotten a little more but didn't push it. I was there during the last couple days of the month. I feel a deal isn't a deal unless both parties get something out of it. I am expecting excellent customer service from here. We'll see. So far so good (even after my signing & deposit).

Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by donovanmp
I like it! And with the spyder wheels....
I love the RS spyder wheels too and have it on my spec.

Originally Posted by wincav
... I got about 4% from msrp. I fell I could have gotten a little more but didn't push it. I was there during the last couple days of the month. I feel a deal isn't a deal unless both parties get something out of it. I am expecting excellent customer service from here....
I totally agree with your philosophy. I am all for a win-win situation too. I had a couple of issues with my 997.2 where the dealer stepped up to the plate and went beyond his call of duty to help me out. That to me is worth than an extra half or one or two percent more than what Mr. John Doe got as a discount. 4 % discount is very good. Nice job. I see you did not go with rear side airbags. Any reason why not ?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
My build

Donovanmp listed his build, I am posting mine now.

V6 w/ 8 speed Tiptronic
Jet Black metallic
Std black interior
wheel hub cover-porsche colored
Servotronic
heated 3-spoke wheel
moonroof
Trailercouple w/removable ball joint
side airbags-rear
light comfort pkg.
Porsche crest- front headrests
Aluminum brushed interior trim
Heated front seats
Driver memory pkg.
Lane change assist
19" Cayenne design II wheels
Porsche torque vectoring plus-PTV*
Convenience pkg.(Bi-xenon lights,PCM navigation,auto dimming mirrors,etc.)
Bose audio pkg. (XM radio & DVD changer)
Rear camera w/ ft& rear assist

*I saw a video on autospies.com with a Porsche pro driver in a 2011 Cayenne S and just had to have it. (again,we'll see)

Old 11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
wincav: As good a car the V6 is, I would strongly recommend that you test drive the V8 and V6 back to back more than once and then decide if the premium is worth it. I think it is but it is your money/your call.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
V6 vs V8

Believe it or not I didn't test drive either one. (There was no V6 to test drive anyway.) I pushed it a little too far with what I put into the V6. I considered the V8 but really don't need that high of performance (even though I added the PTV plus to my V6). What sold me on the Cayenne was the beautiful interior. I have had an Escalade and currently own a Yukon Denali. I wanted to downsize but was bored with the Mercedes Style (old) and was told to avoid the Audi Q7 (resale & reliability). I'm at a point that the extra oomph the V8 would bring for the extra cash isn't worth it to me. I appreciate your thoughts and perhaps I will regret the V6. So, I admit I have a little more show than go for the power of the V6.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Good explanation. No matter which Cayenne you buy what won't be lost is the connection between car and driver (and the PTV will help your cause here). I'll take that over power anyday. If there is ever a SUV that I would buy without a test drive, it would be a Cayenne. My wife fell in love with the exterior/interior styling and refused to test drive it since she already made up her mind.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
wOOt... No passengers so no need for the rear sidebags!

Last edited by donovanmp; 11-17-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
No rear passengers...Then you need a 911

Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
No rear passengers...Then you need a 911

Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
my dealer told me I should NOT order rear side airbags if I plan to have kids/car seat back there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: December build... Ordered, allocated