Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'05 CTT conversion to a TechArt Magnum2.. Color Suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
klvnwee is on a distinguished road
'05 CTT conversion to a TechArt Magnum2.. Color Suggestion

Guys,

Suggestions needed....
Am converting my '05 CTT to the Magnum2 with wide body and all.
Car's currently Black.
Seek any recommendations on the new color.. something not too wild

Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
Sounds awesome! Sell this to me once your done How much do you forsee this costing you?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I would shoot for something between the Titianium and the black. A REALLY dark charcoal metallic of sorts.

OR...

Maybe a super dark metallic green.

I built this Triumph from the ground up and used this 2008 Porsche green. Looks black in most lights until the sun shines on it then you can see the green.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I vote to keep it Black! But then again I'm partial Here are some pics of my truck after a recent detail from Phil @ Detailers Domain.... BTW what is "magnum 2" ?

Attached Images     

Last edited by str8blst; 11-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I love black but honestly think it hides the lines of the car too much. Also think that if you are going to the effort I would do something even a bit off from black to make it really special.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cole
I love black but honestly think it hides the lines of the car too much. Also think that if you are going to the effort I would do something even a bit off from black to make it really special.

True.. but unless he is going to take the effort to remove the engine and door panels to get all the exposed panels painted then a color change is going to devalue the car IMHO... to do the color change "right" will ad significantly to the price of the conversion. If you do change the color make sure you go OEM color choice. Just in case you need body work in the future you will be able to match it much easier....

Go black... and then if you want a color change wrap it! Cheaper than doing it the "right way" and easily reversable. I am considering a wrap on my car but heard they only last 3-5 years...

My car even though it is black... gets more attention than my WB S4 or my TA kitted 996TT...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:07 AM
That is why I made my original suggestions like super dark charcoal suggestion. That is a color that could be done and look good with black under the hood, trunk etc.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by VTGT
How much do you forsee this costing you?
a "full" conversion will cost north of $60K.... body kit (w/hood), wheels/tires, interior bits (steering wheel, c/f interior)and performance (exhaust, chip, new turbos etc...) However... if you have a good realtionship with a body shop that is willing to discount the work he may be able to shave a couple grand off the total price.... With a color change.... it is going to be well over $15k in body work....

I spoke to CEC a few weeks ago and they said the current conversion cost for the "basic"" kit (no engine upgrades) is right around 60-70K from them....

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Cole
That is why I made my original suggestions like super dark charcoal suggestion. That is a color that could be done and look good with black under the hood, trunk etc.
Agree with you here... If he does do a Color change his best bet is to keep it dark. I've seen other cars in that dark Green/Black and it definitely is eye catching!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
a "full" conversion will cost north of $60K.... body kit (w/hood), wheels/tires, interior bits (steering wheel, c/f interior)and performance (exhaust, chip, new turbos etc...) However... if you have a good realtionship with a body shop that is willing to discount the work he may be able to shave a couple grand off the total price.... With a color change.... it is going to be well over $15k in body work....

I spoke to CEC a few weeks ago and they said the current conversion cost for the "basic"" kit (no engine upgrades) is right around 60-70K from them....
Jesus..............Did you do the conversion or did you buy it already done?

That is a mean ride I want Now I did find a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with 72k and he has the Techart front Lower bumper, headlight garnish, and rear bumper and wants just under 25k for it with all maint records, spark plugs, tires, and brakes just changed. Only problem is it is silver, my least favorite color but still pretty mean for the cost. Still would make a pretty nice project.

I would post the link to the ad, but I don't want ya'll to buy before me. I wish there were more pictures of the rear bumper...

Last edited by VTGT; 11-17-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by VTGT
I would post the link to the ad, but I don't want ya'll to buy before me. I wish there were more pictures of the rear bumper...

Hello...I'm not sure these pieces are Techart. If they are I have never seen them on their website nor on any other "techart" modified cars. Even the eyelids don't look right. Here are some pics of the non-magnum pieces they provide... Might be a Gemballa kit or other tuner brand but definitely not Techart...Good luck! Let us know how it pans out....

Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Hello...I'm not sure these pieces are Techart. If they are I have never seen them on their website nor on any other "techart" modified cars. Even the eyelids don't look right. Here are some pics of the non-magnum pieces they provide... Might be a Gemballa kit or other tuner brand but definitely not Techart...Good luck! Let us know how it pans out....
Hmmmm I will find out what's up.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
klvnwee is on a distinguished road
thanks gor your response guys..
Mine is at '05. TechArt Magnum 2 is the kit for the facelifted 957 model.
Am doing the entire conversion inclusive of headlights and rear lights.
Total inclusive of paint work will set me back $10k.
Doing this in Malaysia and the kit is OE, not Original TechArt.
Was thinking Pearl white or Matte white.
The green looks mean.. still deciding..
Any other suggestions?

Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
i vote for painting it jet black metallic. the metallic will enable you to be able to see the lines a bit better, but will not look awkward when someone opens the hood and its still black inside there (rather than another color)

Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
4flynlow is on a distinguished road
I think it would be a big mistake to do a color change. Unless you completely disassemble a major part of the car it will always be noticable. From my experience a color change significantly reduces the value of the vehicle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '05 CTT conversion to a TechArt Magnum2.. Color Suggestion