Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cost of 60k mile service and what should be done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Cost of 60k mile service and what should be done?

Thanks.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Should specify this is for 06 CTT and I supplied coils and plugs.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:59 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I can't remember what I paid but after running the Alcan with a slightly over-loaded trailer, had to do spark plugs, air filters and oil change. Then there was one broken ignition coil. Finally, the serpentine belt was squeeking. Funny thing is deal said it should be replaced at 70,000 miles while there is no mention of this in the service manual.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
hulahula is on a distinguished road
If you want to maintain it "by the book", you should perform a Major Maintenance. Porsche recommends a major maintenance at 40k and 80k OR every 4 years. At the dealer, expect around $1,200.

There is also other time-dependent maintenance such as changing the brake fluid every 2 years, replacing the tire sealant every 4 years (if applicable), Checking the TPMS after 4 years (if applicable).

If you want to ignore Time-dependent maintenance, a 60k mile service is considered Minor Maintenance. From the dealer, expect around $200 to $250. Replacing the coils and plugs is not required. Note Porsche just extended the warranty for coil replacement.

This is an excerpt from the Cayenne (9PA) Technical Manual. For the 60k service:

Diagnostic system: read out fault memory

Vehicle underside and engine compartment: visual inspection for leaks (oils and other fluids); engine compartment: visual inspection for damage; underside panels: visual inspection for completeness, installation and damage

Change engine oil and oil filter

Check drive belt

Radiators and air inlets: visual inspection for external contamination and blockage; check coolant level

Brake system: visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for wear

Brake hoses and lines: visual inspection for damage, routing and corrosion

Drive shafts: visual inspection of the boots for leaks and damage

Front cardan shaft: visual inspection of rolling lobe for damage

Rear cardan shaft: visual inspection of centre bearing for damage

Exterior of tyres and spare wheel: check condition and tyre pressure

Windscreen wiper/washer system, headlight washer: check operation, fluid level and nozzle settings, pay attention to antifreeze protection in winter months; check wiper blades

All headlights: check adjustment. Horn: check operation

Battery and vent hose: check condition

Test drive: remote control, front seats, foot and parking brakes (also actuation travel), engine, clutch, steering, transmission, ParkAssist, automatic speed control, PSM switch, heating, air-conditioning system and instruments: check operation

Oils, fluids: visual inspection for leaks

Last edited by hulahula; 11-18-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the input. My indy shop initially charged $1200 and I provided the plugs and coils, but when I pointed out I provided ~$400 in parts, they corrected the invoice.