Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche Exclusive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
pedah3 is on a distinguished road
Porsche Exclusive

Has anyone here had any experience with "Porsche Exclusive?" Brochures indicate that you can do just about whatever you want, but dealer gives a totally different story saying most all the "Exclusive options" (custom leather colors, decorative stitching, etc) is not available.

My experience with Audi was that the dealers really had no idea about the programs and I had to do all the legwork to find out what was possible.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pedah3
Has anyone here had any experience with "Porsche Exclusive?" Brochures indicate that you can do just about whatever you want, but dealer gives a totally different story saying most all the "Exclusive options" (custom leather colors, decorative stitching, etc) is not available.

My experience with Audi was that the dealers really had no idea about the programs and I had to do all the legwork to find out what was possible.
You are dealing with Porsche Cars of North America and they dictate what is available in the United States. When I was ordering my '08 Turbo, I actually called Porsche in Germany as there was a certain shifter/brake combination with deviated stitching I wanted. Does not seem like a big problem - just grab a different spool of thread while sewing the leather. I could not make it happen as it was not an option available in the U.S. There are a number of deviating stitching & panel options for the 997 but they are not available on the Cayenne.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I don't think the dealers and salesman know all that much about these SUVs and even less aboput their options and less yet about exclusive stuff. One really has to do one's homework and maybe get lucky finding a knowledgeable sales person.

Finding what you want is difficult. Ordering what you want must be even more difficult. Waiting for that selective order to arrive must be excruciating!

But, I'd work my salesman and the whole system overtime getting her built exactly the way I wanted. Also, there is the Dream Works segment in Germany. Seems like they'd be accessible.

I am not overly impressed with Porsche of North America.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:43 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Call park place poresche in Dallas. They sit down and walk you through the whole thing. Best dealership so far.